Subject: Error in AP: Quest 10, Waypoint X? [spoiler possible] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof
Poland
Poznań
wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
I had a confusion yesterday when playing Arcane Portal Quest 10 with 4 heroes, as according to Waypoint X in Book of Secrets, I need to place 6 shadows, having only 5 in pool:

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof
Poland
Poznań
wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
Actually I found the errata on http://www.sword-and-sorcery.com/errata/ website.

Quote:

10.7, page 27 – Replacing Text: The Shadow Reserve table reports 1 less Shadow Champion for 4-5 Heroes, the correct number is 2 instead of 1.

Still, if anyone will face it - here is the answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Side step your question abit.

How do you interpret the HellSpawn's Flame Form [+] behavior.
It said:
Move up to 3 area toward the menacing hero. If engaged use Averno's flame, otherwise recharge 1.

If the HellSpawn moved 3 area, but cannot engaged with the menacing hero, but it engaged with OTHER heros, will it used Averno's flame?

Also, just wonder if you think the cultist with summon demon power can activate hellspawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Double check the menacing rules. I think menacing applies to specifically to the targeting behavior. Things like "closest hero" can still be targeted if not menacing, so I think it will use Averno's flame if engaged with other heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is what I thought at the beginning until I look at the orc king behavior.
The [+] explicit said attack the closest hero in LOS

The hellspawn behavior didn't said anything about closest hero.

So, I am not sure if it mean statement mean the hellspawn engaged the closest hero, or it mean the hellspawn is in a engaged state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My reading: 'If engaged' refers to being in the Engaged state (enemies in the area, so if there are any targets in the Hellspawn's area, it will use Averno's Flames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
It's "move toward the menacing hero by 3. If engaged [with anyone], use averno's flames, otherwise recharge one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.