Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Hogan
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I have everything Imperial Assault, all the expansions, Packs, etc but I have a hard time on how to store and organize all tiles so that it helps when setting up the game.

I've tried bagging by number, expansion, etc... but is just too hard to find when you're playing with the app.

So the question is, how do you guys store your tiles?

Thanks,

João
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Missions use always tiles from the base game and one expansion.

I didn't want a storage system that uses a lot of space (like a folder or similar), so I stored all expansions in a separate bag.

Also, the 2-square tiles got their own bag and the 4-square tiles got their own bag.

So when I play Lothal for example, I need to get the base game bag, the Lothal bag, and the two bags with the 2 and 4 square tiles. It's not perfect, but setup time is now ok for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I built a form core insert which stores similar sized tiles together (more or less) - and then I write the tile numbers on the storage area so it's easy to find what I want. I also stack them in numerical order...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Monteil
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I store my tiles using the method described in this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31328831

You can see how all my tiles are organized here : https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30989655
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Core tiles and each expansion stored separately - so far you only need tiles from at most 2 sets.

- 1x2 and 2x2 core tiles in three piles (tied with rubber bands for storage).
- large core tiles in two piles in the box (RtH box with upside-down and refolded insert to make 1/3 and 2/3-width compartments), in approximate size order.

It's easy to pick up a pile and quick to find the tile by shape and terrain/interior/exterior and place all tiles from that pile according to the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one of those old "books" for storing CDs. Most of the tiles will fit in a sleeve, while the largest just get placed in an empty IA box. I've grouped the tiles by expansion, then by number. Larger tiles are in individual pockets while smaller ones might fit two or more of the same number in a sleeve.

The case has a zipper to close it, and I keep it standing upright on my shelf. Nothing has ever fallen out as of yet, and it has made set-up and tear down much, much faster for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. @kinson
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I basically have ziploc bags. I split the tiles into sets of 10 (1-10, 11-20, etc) into separate bags. Also separated per expansion, so the core set has set of bags and the next expansion has a set of bags. All the bags go into a separate box by themselves.

Maybe not be perfect, but it has worked so far. We can go the the tile list faster this way by focusing on one bag at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried ziploc bags, but they just seemed to compound the problem for me. After a few other non working ideas, I finally decided on using an expanding file folder ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5LL8LW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b... )

I labeled each folder with what tiles I wanted in each (some folders end up containing multiple tile numbers). It makes setup much easier as I can easily go directly to the specific tile that the app calls for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
I followd Matthieus example, realy pleased with the result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.