Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
58 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Mystery Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Character Stickers - ridiculous problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My head is all full of cold today (well, not physically to of "cold" per se, what's going my head is something much worse, but I'll spare your sensibilities if not your imaginations), so I may not be thinking straight, so please bear with me.

I received my expansion today along with the pre-order "additional elements". Now I'm looking at the character stickers and wondering which pairings of characters should be sharing each coloured disk. Obviously the disk colour is irrelevant, but the character pairings will eliminate some character combos. What have I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
My head is all full of cold today (well, not physically to of "cold" per se, what's going my head is something much worse, but I'll spare your sensibilities if not your imaginations), so I may not be thinking straight, so please bear with me.

I received my expansion today along with the pre-order "additional elements". Now I'm looking at the character stickers and wondering which pairings of characters should be sharing each coloured disk. Obviously the disk colour is irrelevant, but the character pairings will eliminate some character combos. What have I missed?
Surely every character has two stickers, one for each side of the disc?

That’s how it was with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 8 characters and 8 character Stickers. There are 16 "pawn faces" on 8 pawns, with two pawns of each colour. Each character requires 2 pawns. I want each character to have a sticker on the "top" face of each of its pawns, which means that each pawn must have a different character on its "bottom". I'm trying to work out which characters should be head/tail pairings because only one of each pairing can be used in each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
There are 8 characters and 8 character Stickers. There are 16 "pawn faces" on 8 pawns, with two pawns of each colour. Each character requires 2 pawns. I want each character to have a sticker on the "top" face of each of its pawns, which means that each pawn must have a different character on its "bottom". I'm trying to work out which characters should be head/tail pairings because only one of each pairing can be used in each game.

Are they not gendered like the original cast?

One side male and side female, of the same character, for each pawn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Nope, they appear to match the 8 different characters in the game (they are not simply graphic "alts"). Of course it's quite possibly a screw-up, I like Portal games, but I think that their attention to detail wrt their products is pretty poor (c/f First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet, where they don't include sufficient cubes and tokens in the game to play all the scenarios without needing proxies)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Nope, they appear to match the 8 different characters in the game (they are not simply graphic "alts"). Of course it's quite possibly a screw-up, I like Portal games, but I think that their attention to detail wrt their products is pretty poor (c/f First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet, where they don't include sufficient cubes and tokens in the game to play all the scenarios without needing proxies)

Aren't there 9 characters plus the Local Guide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I truly hope you're wrong and that you're missing something, as I'm tired of Portal Games continuous mistakes and weird production decisions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
We'll kill you with kindness!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it also weird. And I won't use the stickers, because this way I would eliminate some combos. It would be nice to have as many pawns/discs as I would need to use the discs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bikefreak wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

yes, the are 9… and 10 pairs of stickers and 5 pairs of pawns. Now we've finished playing the "who wins Factual Accuracy: The Meta-game" segment of the thread, can anybody answer the intended question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
bikefreak wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

yes, the are 9… and 10 pairs of stickers and 5 pairs of pawns. Now we've finished playing the "who wins Factual Accuracy: The Meta-game" segment of the thread, can anybody answer the intended question?

Not if you’re going to be that rude, no.

Figure it out yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
bikefreak wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Not if you’re going to be that rude, no.

Figure it out yourself.
Thanks, I will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad it's not just me that finds this tits attitude grating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to sticker my discs and noticed the same problem. The two white discs are meant for the guide. That leaves 4 colors, 2 discs each, for 9 characters. Anyone know where I can purchase more wooden discs so each character can have their own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmb
chestond wrote:
I was just about to sticker my discs and noticed the same problem. The two white discs are meant for the guide. That leaves 4 colors, 2 discs each, for 9 characters. Anyone know where I can purchase more wooden discs so each character can have their own?

https://portalgames.pl/shop/en/robinson-crusoe-7/ Shipping may be painful.

I happen to have an extra set from the sailor so it looks like I'll have a use for it. Now all I'll need is for them to put up the pre-order bonus stuff(only avail through them... and not FLGS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bikefreak wrote:
chestond wrote:

https://portalgames.pl/shop/en/robinson-crusoe-7/ Shipping may be painful.

I happen to have an extra set from the sailor so it looks like I'll have a use for it. Now all I'll need is for them to put up the pre-order bonus stuff(only avail through them... and not FLGS)

https://portalgamesus.com/

They told me that they are bringing all of the Portal Games across the pond. I believe that they are in FL, as I have a package coming from them tomorrow and it shipped out of FL yesterday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bikefreak wrote:
Hmm... So purchase the carved tokens for the original characters, freeing up those discs for the new stickers? Not a bad option, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty convenient for those to be available for purchase at the same time as this sticker conundrum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I don't smell conspiracy, just a degree of incompetence/complacency. Or it may simply be penny-pinching (dice stickers? why not new dice?). I certainly won't be buying anything from Portal to fix the defect created by Portal - I already paid over the odds for a pre-order that I bought direct. It's ironic that the issue is caused by the "thank you" that I get as a benefit for placing that pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In one of the films on youtube, Ignacy (or someone else from Portal) mentioned that those extra stickers are kind of "legacy"

You're supposed to use them in a campaign. When your character dies/ goes insane and you're taking a new one from the NPC's pool, you just stick a new sticker on top of an old (already dead) character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chestond wrote:
bikefreak wrote:
Hmm... So purchase the carved tokens for the original characters, freeing up those discs for the new stickers? Not a bad option, I guess.

These were annoying, as there was no disc for the dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you know - they micht publish additional promo dice and additional promo pawns for stickers. And for those losers who already sticked everything (pawns, dice) there would be a need for more promo, that is character stickers themselves and the old unsticked dice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blast! I just stickered the pawns, not realising that they would limit character combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alek2 wrote:
In one of the films on youtube, Ignacy (or someone else from Portal) mentioned that those extra stickers are kind of "legacy"

You're supposed to use them in a campaign. When your character dies/ goes insane and you're taking a new one from the NPC's pool, you just stick a new sticker on top of an old (already dead) character.
do you have a link? (It seems odd to make that a pre-order -only "legacy" feature)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
improove wrote:
So you know - they micht publish additional promo dice and additional promo pawns for stickers. And for those losers who already sticked everything (pawns, dice) there would be a need for more promo, that is character stickers themselves and the old unsticked dice...
A true conspiracy theory paranoid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we all agreed then? It's a badly implemented "pimp" that provides zero benefit to the people to whom it was provided as a "reward" for pre-ordering direct from the publisher.

I really hate Portal Game's penny-pinching and lack of attention to detail, and I certainly won't place another pre-order with them. I'm sure that any useful pimps will be made available after release and I can decide which ones I want rather than paying an inflated price for something useless. (I am happy to say that the scenario sheets are great, but they should have been standard)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.