2 Posts

Near and Far: Amber Mines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Near and Far: Amber Mines co-op/campaign mode! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitris Aleiferis
Greece
flag msg tools
We started playing co-op in campaign mode since I read that co-op works in all modes, but I'm not sure what we calculate to see who wins in campaign-coop. Do we count who gets most wins out of 10 games ( or maybe is it 7 games since 4 quests per player instead of the standard 3 per player +1, on base rulebook that was a variant to shorten campaign in 7 games so not sure about that as well,another question i have i guess ), or count total points?

I found it weird counting total points since you can deliberately lose games by not attackign the bosses every map to focus on points instead.Or is it that the bosses have to die in order for the game to end? I thought only tents matter in triggering game end and bosses are a requirement to WIN.

Another thought we had is maybe we should fight the bosses only on the Last Ruin map when playing a campaign.

Any similar difficulties out there and how did you tackle them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello Dimitris,

Here's a breakdown
-you have to kill the bosses on every map. This is to augment to difficulty.

-Once the bosses are defeated they do not give Journey Points.

-To calculate who wins look at your co-op board for the "Red King". If he has more points than your party at the end of the game he wins.

-How to calculate the Red King's final score? Multiply the number of players by the number on the co-op board. Example in a 4 player game. The Red King finishes with 70 points multiply by 4 players that's 280.

-In campaign co-op, you still play all 10 maps. (the +1 quest is added to enhance co-op)

Variant
We added a difficulty to co-op when playing.
-For every minion that remains at the end of the game add +5 (7 in a 3 player game and 10 in a 4 player game) to the Red Kings final score.

Hope this clears the air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.