BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Bespoke displays of gaming history? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bolzano Weierstrass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have board games.
badge
How do you know what you want 'til you get what you want and you see if you like it?
mbmbmb
My competitive nature and computer programming nurture have led me to have a predilection for websites gamers have built to display and track their group's gaming history. Once upon a time, I happened upon this beautiful website that tracked results of Cosmic Encounter games. This website also bestowed 'Achievements' upon its players. Personally, I once wrote a grotesque website that tracked my group's Sheepshead running totals if only to prove that I am the most blitz-crack happy Sheepshead player.

I can no longer find that Cosmic Encounter site and my Sheepshead Shepherd (as I called it) is defunct, but I'm curious if anyone else has made these kind of meta-gaming tools? Perhaps your group plays Hansa Teutonica every week (please invite me) and tracks overall wins as well as sundry statistics on game play? Or maybe your group tracks all gaming and applies an arbitrary points system based on who brought the best nosh? If so, would you be willing to share it with us?

Yes, this meta-gaming metric fixation is profane and we should all just "Play the damn game" but I haven't had a gaming session in 11 days I need at least a contact high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Long long ago in a life far far away I made weekly reports of our Wednesday night meetings, complete with tables and graphs about win ratings and rank ratings. The last year was 2005:
http://russcon.org/RussCon/2005.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like work.

Pete (gets enough of that at work)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
That sounds like work.

Pete (gets enough of that at work)

But some work is funner than other work. (E.g. that's why we enjoy thinky games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
russ wrote:
Long long ago in a life far far away I made weekly reports of our Wednesday night meetings, complete with tables and graphs about win ratings and rank ratings. The last year was 2005:

Loved RussCon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
russ wrote:

Loved RussCon!

Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
russ wrote:

Loved RussCon!

Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end!
That does look like 8 really good years.

Pete (has run a weekly gaming group for some 25 years but has never kept any kind of records)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.