Subject: Kickstarter exclusive content? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read on the campaign this is a KS version, I also know you can pay for a signed sticker as part of the campaign.

Does anyone know if there will be any component quality or content differences between the KS version and retail, besides the Beacon Promo Card?

-Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Parker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
They'll usually do component upgrades and some additional content, and they're always available as a KS Upgrade pack after the campaign. The main advantage to backing is getting that KS Upgrade for free as well as a heavily discounted base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mb
chrsprkr wrote:
They'll usually do component upgrades and some additional content, and they're always available as a KS Upgrade pack after the campaign. The main advantage to backing is getting that KS Upgrade for free as well as a heavily discounted base game.

This. I backed Escape Plan for $79 and now it's 140 MSRP through EGG and other US retailers that backed it. Canadian online retailers have it for $160 or $180 with the KS Stretch Goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Chillman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
chrsprkr wrote:

This. I backed Escape Plan for $79 and now it's 140 MSRP through EGG and other US retailers that backed it. Canadian online retailers have it for $160 or $180 with the KS Stretch Goals.

Yeah. Kicking myself for not backing Escape Plan then. Added it to my On Mars back... excited, but woof it's steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
chrsprkr wrote:

True or you can wait 6-9 months after release and watch the price plummet. At least that's what happened with Vinhos, Gallerist, CO2. All that said, I'm backing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do they handle the exclusive content? For example: are the solo rules going to be included in retail? I'm not seeing that spelled out in the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going by their previous games, yes. I haven't seen them do any exclusive content (yay!). It's generally the core game and then a KS stretch goal goodie pack which they sell separately after release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis
Spain
barakaldo
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:
How do they handle the exclusive content? For example: are the solo rules going to be included in retail? I'm not seeing that spelled out in the KS.

they usually dont have exclusives but extra stuff
after the campaign they releases an update pack with the KS extra content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
txallen wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

they usually dont have exclusives but extra stuff
after the campaign they releases an update pack with the KS extra content

Cool, thanks guys.

Do we know if the solo rules are true solo or is it managing a dummy player, or playing multiple "hands"? With as heavy as this is, managing more than an automa might put me off. For instance: I loved Falling Sky (COIN), but playing solo and managing all the bots flow charts was just not fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but his games usually have a nice solo mode where you control some simple AI bot, none requiring you to play "multiple hands." (aka faux solo).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

I would not believe until I saw it. Escape Plan is indeed sold 160$ CAD for the standard edition. Wow. Seriously?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
chrsprkr wrote:

True or you can wait 6-9 months after release and watch the price plummet. At least that's what happened with Vinhos, Gallerist, CO2. All that said, I'm backing the game.

BoardGamePrices shows...
Vinhos, where it isn’t sold out, is currently $100.
Found The Gallerist for the same.
CO2 is $61 and I backed it with upgrades for $67 so not a big deal.
Lisboa is still $115 or so.

I’d bet the price of this is not going down far, and I bet Escape Plan won’t drop far either. The MSRP on these is higher than Vinhos etc were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my OLGS I paid $50 for Gallerist and $70 for Lisboa. Free shipping. Escape Plan hasn't hit retail yet (in USA) so can't compare yet. I'll be surprised if On Mars is more than $80. $89 + shipping is likely not "heavily discounted base game" (or discounted at all) for those who buy online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
From my OLGS I paid $50 for Gallerist and $70 for Lisboa. Free shipping. Escape Plan hasn't hit retail yet (in USA) so can't compare yet. I'll be surprised if On Mars is more than $80. $89 + shipping is likely not "heavily discounted base game" (or discounted at all) for those who buy online.
You paid $50 for the Deluxe version of the Gallerist? That was a great deal! So was $70 for the deluxe version of Lisboa. But then, $80 for On Mars would sound about right, based on your past experiences. Though I imagine those deep discounts for the deluxe versions don't come around very often. Right now, $110 for Lisboa is the cheapest I could find (neither Lisboa or Gallerist Deluxe are readily available ATM).

It takes a lot of patience to get great deals on the deluxe versions of these games, but I guess your experiences prove it can happen.

Unless, of course, you're talking about the non-deluxe versions, which have a much lower MSRP. But that isn't apples-apples, obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Soderlund
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bottom of the new On Mars KS page you can see why the price is so high right now.

For 90 days after fulfillment EGG enforces, when it can, retailers to sell at full MSRP. After 90 days the price at large online retailers (MiniatureMarket or CoolStuffInc in the US for example) should be lower.

Amazon can be misleading as Amazon may warehouse stuff for smaller companies/individuals who may take advantage of availability constraints and sell at higher than "normal" because they may be the only ones offering it at some point in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Soderlund
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most OLGS only sell the retail version. You need to order KS upgrade kits which the OLGS may not have available. I have always been able to upgrade to the KS version via the EGG web-store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Can't really find any mention of exclusive content. Looks like the stretch goals are general upgrades to the game unless i'm wrong? Usually the other KS mentions a KS upgrade pack or KS promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
curtc wrote:
You paid $50 for the Deluxe version of the Gallerist? That was a great deal! So was $70 for the deluxe version of Lisboa. But then, $80 for On Mars would sound about right, based on your past experiences.

Retail editions. Ordered when games were available for pre-order at OLGS.

I was responding to the comment that one of the main benefits was getting "heavily discounted base game."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
curtc wrote:
You paid $50 for the Deluxe version of the Gallerist? That was a great deal! So was $70 for the deluxe version of Lisboa. But then, $80 for On Mars would sound about right, based on your past experiences.

Retail editions. Ordered when games were available for pre-order at OLGS.

I was responding to the comment that one of the main benefits was getting "heavily discounted base game."

Ah; missed that. Yeah, no! One of the main benefits may be getting a discounted version of the base game + deluxe upgrade kit, but definitely not just the base game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
One of the main benefits may be getting a discounted version of the base game + deluxe upgrade kit, but definitely not just the base game itself.

That's the issue here. Not seeing much by way of deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
One of the main benefits may be getting a discounted version of the base game + deluxe upgrade kit, but definitely not just the base game itself.

That's the issue here. Not seeing much by way of deluxe edition.
No kidding!

I just realized it myself; I'd assumed all the SGs were for the deluxe version. ATM, there is only *one* SG applying to the KS version (a display board for blueprints).

However, it's possible (if not likely) that by the end of the campaign, there will be plenty of deluxe content. Lisboa's deluxe upgrade kit has quite a few things, though honestly it isn't worth the ~$50 price it now costs.

I'll probably wait to get it on sale at an OLGS as you mentioned, unless the deluxe content appears to be worth at least $30 to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.