Dungeons & Dragons: Waterdeep – Dungeon of the Mad Mage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adventure #2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Ashton
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The adventure says to give one zombie beholder card to the active hero, then the second card to the person next in turn. One thing I don't get is it says to treat them like Villains, and villains activate every heroes turn, right? So do both zombie beholders active every turn? If so, then why wouldn't the current hero keep both cards and just pass both to the next player on their turn, like with other villain cards.

Also, the Zombie beholders are huge and both can barely fit on the same tile. Can large figures like this go into the walls or are they intended to cover 4 squares on a tile?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the intent is to cover 4 squares each.

I guess I missed the villains moving to the next hero in this game (although I do recall that in a prior game) I'll have to reread the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Ashton
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I could be wrong about the villains moving in this game. I was only going by prior games, so if they've out the fact you pass villain cards maybe that explains it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KarlPilks wrote:
The adventure says to give one zombie beholder card to the active hero, then the second card to the person next in turn. One thing I don't get is it says to treat them like Villains, and villains activate every heroes turn, right? So do both zombie beholders active every turn? If so, then why wouldn't the current hero keep both cards and just pass both to the next player on their turn, like with other villain cards.
Because you can't have duplicates of the same monster in front of you (well, except for Intellect Devourers). As you pointed out though, it's kinda moot. I would just put both cards in the middle of the table and everyone just has to make sure to activate them before activating any of their own monsters. And yes, BOTH zombie beholders would activate at the same time. Although, they would only activate ONCE. You wouldn't activate both for the first card and then both AGAIN for the second card. Which is another reason to have the two cards on two different players.

Question: If you are playing solo, with one Hero, would both Beholders appear?
Answer: Of course. You'd just have to manage both cards. Activate both Beholders, then your monsters, every turn.

KarlPilks wrote:
Also, the Zombie beholders are huge and both can barely fit on the same tile. Can large figures like this go into the walls or are they intended to cover 4 squares on a tile?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that large creatures can "squish" a bit to bit narrower corridors and doorways. I don't think you can overlap them, but both can easily fit onto a tile, right next to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Ashton
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for confirming Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.