Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Jensen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 11, the rulebook reads: “Important: A player may only retire a military card that has not yet been used to attack in the round (meaning the card has no coins on the name area).

If I’ve used all my military in a round, can I still recruit? Or when I do recruit, do I add a military card to a military without retiring a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
splatteredbits wrote:
On page 11, the rulebook reads: “Important: A player may only retire a military card that has not yet been used to attack in the round (meaning the card has no coins on the name area).

If I’ve used all my military in a round, can I still recruit? Or when I do recruit, do I add a military card to a military without retiring a card?

If you use all your military cards in a round, you could still recruit as long as you don't have to retire any of them (meaning you have an open, unused army slot).

Normally, you cannot add a new military card to an army without retiring the old card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
splatteredbits wrote:

If you use all your military cards in a round, you could still recruit as long as you don't have to retire any of them (meaning you have an open, unused army slot).

Normally, you cannot add a new military card to an army without retiring the old card.

A question that I had during my recent play of the game was what if you recruit a new military card but instead of using an open, unused army slot, can you retire a military card and use that slot instead?

Also, thanks Ryan for bringing this new edition to Kickstarter. I'm so happy that I own the game now. Can't wait to play it again soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizmat wrote:
mechanicalfish wrote:
splatteredbits wrote:

A question that I had during my recent play of the game was what if you recruit a new military card but instead of using an open, unused army slot, can you retire a military card and use that slot instead?

Also, thanks Ryan for bringing this new edition to Kickstarter. I'm so happy that I own the game now. Can't wait to play it again soon!

Yes, you can, as long as the army that you're retiring hasn't been used yet this round. Is that what you mean?

Example: Tom has two armies, but three army slots. Tom recruits a new army. He could place it in his unused army slot, but he decides to retire one of his other armies instead and place the new army there.

That's great to hear! I hope you enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sellock mr
Poland
flag msg tools
Hello Everyone,

I played first game yesterday and I have question regarding retirement. I can only retire military card if I take a recruit action on board or I can retire anytime during my turn military card that fullfill all conditions (no using it during turn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.