Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Admittedly, I'm a sucker for the IP, but the game seems interesting enough on its own merits for a play through the campaign.

But, I'm unclear what value the expansions bring. I certainly understand the thematic focus of each and the general concept of adding "more stuff", but I'm trying to see how more stuff helps extend or liven up the game. If the extra materials only adds more ways through the campaign, but you're only playing the campaign once, how does this help? Do the expansions give some way to play more than just the base campaign with added material?

Thanks for any insights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking the same things. It appears to me as though players will be picking mission chains to pursue, with others dropping off the radar unfulfilled. Given that, the expansions seem to just add more options to choose from, but leaving more options to drop off the radar. Which would be great if you're playing a second time through and want more variability. So maybe it's primarily for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.