Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Leach
United States
Runnemede
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an awkward question for me to ask. I'm super excited about this game and it was thrilling to watch how many stretch goals were knocked out.

I'm a writer/editor by trade, and I noticed that some of the updates for Kickstarter featured English that could perhaps be cleaned up a bit. I am eager to share this game with friends, and I think a big part of that is making sure the translation is as smooth as possible.

Does anyone (designer or otherwise) know if there will be an English copy editor for the rulebook and cards to ensure a smooth translation for the English-speaking audience? I want the best final product possible and I really want the theme of the game to shine when I break this out on game nights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try sending the team PM

Albe Pavo
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Leach
United States
Runnemede
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarJ wrote:
Try sending the team PM

Albe Pavo
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I should have thought of that first. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kickstarter Update Nr. 33
Quote:
...2nd edition rulebook has been read and reviewed by many people and, although it is ready for release, it needs a final polishing for typos and maybe some phrase could be improved. We will undergo a final proofreading by a professional english native...

FAQ wrote:
I noticed an unusual english in some sentences of KICKSTARTER campaign: is the rulebook better?

For sure it is better. All texts in the game have been written by professional translator and readed by many native english. 
However, we are on the final pass of english review, and if you notice something unusual, feel free to contact us! Take a look at the video reviews on KICKSTARTER campaign page for comments about the rulebook: reviewers confirm that everything is neat and clear, beside some Dante's Inferno terms we choose to quote. When we will release the rulebook, you'll have the chance to check for any typos and give us your feedback before the print run! Forget 1st edition rulebook! In the end, if you find unusual some of our messages, consider Syrio Forel is speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From recent update:

Quote:
As for the rulebook, we would like to collect suggestions from the community at this adderess:

Collective Intelligence - Albe pavo

ci [at] albepavo [dot] com

We will take charge of your comments and implement the most coherent and precise. If you spot some typos or if want to give us some suggestion about translation improvement, please use as subject:

CZ2_NO_REST_NO_PEACE_[typos/suggestion]_[your Backer name]

to let your message be acquired and processed (if your mail is succesfully received, expect to get an automatic response). Please try to give us all your comments in a single mail so it will be easier to manage them and please send us your comment no later than 8th May, so we have time to stay in our project schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.