Subject: 2 player variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After played the game on 2 player I felt there was something lacking. The cards doesn't get cycled and you get few opportunities to acquire cards.

My suggestion is that after the active player picks a card the second player can pick up to 2 cards instead of 1. The active player gets compensated with prestige/VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Quinton
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the KS exclusive stuff, trying adding the solo automata Alfonse to a 2 player game (as the rules suggest you can). It helps cycle a lot more cards through the decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Melison
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Bijan,
I think that the two-player game is not the same as for 3 or 4 players, i.e. the two players will not have the same satisfaction to achieve their objectives because fewer cards will appear than in a configuration with more players; but unfortunately this is often the case in collectible games with few players.
The interest of the game lies in studying what the opponent wants to do for his Patron and will have to deal with what he draws as an object card to try to score despite the cards that do not necessarily meet your objective. We are more confident in opportunism than in calculated construction.
After that, if you are not satisfied with this game mode, you can always draw more cards: Active player, opponent; active player and opponent (if desired).
I'm just giving you our vision of the game but do as you see fit, the game is also yours and as long as everyone around the table is having fun, that's the main thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.