Popular Tags: [View All]
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey...

just had our first matches and I have to say, Sorcerer is a really good game! We had lots of fun!

There were a couple of question that arose, I couldn't find the answer to in the manual.

For example:

1. What happens to the rest of the enemy minions when you conquer a battlefield? What I mean: the middle battlefield had only one defense point left and I rolled 5 damage. My opponent decided to take the first damage point and put it onto the battlefield, therefor I conquered it. Now his question was, what happens to the other 4 damage points? He asked, cause those 4 damage points were enough to kill his other two minions. He was of the opinion, that as soon as I conquered the battlefield, battle stops and his remaining minions would be safe. I begged to differ, but I couldn't really find an answer in the rulebook.

2. What happens to the facedown minion beneath a anthropod minion, when it was laid there as an Anthropod Follower attachment, when the anthropod minion gets destroyed? The question arose, cause one of the minions under the killed one was a minion with a "when destroyed" effect and we weren't sure, if this effect should be played out or not. I think not, cause the minion, that was uses as an attachment, does not count as a minion and therefor any ability does not come into effect.

3. What happens when you are allowed to take a minion back on your hand with the attachment, which were - well - attached to it? I think they come to the graveyard of their respective owners. Am I right? And I guess the minion loses all negativ and positive conditions as well as any damage tokens.

Thanks in advance for any answers and sorry, if I just missed some stuff in the rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Dayton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocMcJansen wrote:
Hey...

just had our first matches and I have to say, Sorcerer is a really good game! We had lots of fun!

There were a couple of question that arose, I couldn't find the answer to in the manual.

For example:

1. What happens to the rest of the enemy minions when you conquer a battlefield? What I mean: the middle battlefield had only one defense point left and I rolled 5 damage. My opponent decided to take the first damage point and put it onto the battlefield, therefor I conquered it. Now his question was, what happens to the other 4 damage points? He asked, cause those 4 damage points were enough to kill his other two minions. He was of the opinion, that as soon as I conquered the battlefield, battle stops and his remaining minions would be safe. I begged to differ, but I couldn't really find an answer in the rulebook.

2. What happens to the facedown minion beneath a anthropod minion, when it was laid there as an Anthropod Follower attachment, when the anthropod minion gets destroyed? The question arose, cause one of the minions under the killed one was a minion with a "when destroyed" effect and we weren't sure, if this effect should be played out or not. I think not, cause the minion, that was uses as an attachment, does not count as a minion and therefor any ability does not come into effect.

3. What happens when you are allowed to take a minion back on your hand with the attachment, which were - well - attached to it? I think they come to the graveyard of their respective owners. Am I right? And I guess the minion loses all negativ and positive conditions as well as any damage tokens.

Thanks in advance for any answers and sorry, if I just missed some stuff in the rulebook

1) This one is actually in the rulebook It's on page 18. You must assign any remaining damage to minions, even if the battlefield is destroyed.

2) The Arthropod attachments/cards would be discarded to their owner's graveyard. You would not trigger any "when destroyed" abilities of the attached arthropod card because it was not technically a minion on the battlefield.

3) I've played it where the minion comes back to your hand but any attachments are discarded to their owner's graveyard. And as you said, all damage, etc. counters are discarded off as well when the minion goes back to your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer, Nate. so I guess I was right/we did it right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.