Subject: Poison/electricity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Abruzzi
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey playing with poison and electricity it says they inflict automatic wounds if the villains defense successes is lower than attack successes how is this different. Than a regular wound?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony berart
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
For exemple I perform an attack with 2 orange dice and poison 2 against a mini with 2 automatic defense and 3 wound point.
The defensor deecide to not roll dice for the defense.

If I obtain 2 or less success with my dice poison does not trigger. If I obtain 3 or more success on the dice. Poison is trigger and then I inflict 2 more wound to the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Abruzzi
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
So is it really only useful for bosses and guys with more than one hit point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo512210 wrote:
So is it really only useful for bosses and guys with more than one hit point
Absolutely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Jandt
United States
Watertown
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course! Do you know how much those D-Batteries in Nightwing's batons cost! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello, So i have a question and also would love to have maybe the page number for this so i can look at this as well. so in your scenario that you just described, my friend and I were playing last night and he was using nightwing with 2 batons, so with Bane or anyone with the armor of two you have to get 3 successes. Does that also count the martial arts skill? so basically he would only need 2 successes? Or do you still need the base of 3 in order for the batons to succeed in doing the extra electric damage? Also if there is something that would explain all of the bat-gadgets and how they work that would be great, because they are not in the rule books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evlmonkey22 wrote:
Hello, So i have a question and also would love to have maybe the page number for this so i can look at this as well. so in your scenario that you just described, my friend and I were playing last night and he was using nightwing with 2 batons, so with Bane or anyone with the armor of two you have to get 3 successes. Does that also count the martial arts skill? so basically he would only need 2 successes? Or do you still need the base of 3 in order for the batons to succeed in doing the extra electric damage? Also if there is something that would explain all of the bat-gadgets and how they work that would be great, because they are not in the rule books.
If you have a success, Martial Arts gives you an extra success. You then apply your successes against your opponent, so yes, martial arts successes would count before applying the baton effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evlmonkey22 wrote:
Also if there is something that would explain all of the bat-gadgets and how they work that would be great, because they are not in the rule books.

There are some player aids posted here on BGG. I like this one a lot: https://s3.amazonaws.com/geekdo-files.com/bgg237333?response...

EDIT: I don't know why the direct link won't work. Here's the file on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/179692/batman-gcc-skill-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidryanandersson wrote:
evlmonkey22 wrote:
Also if there is something that would explain all of the bat-gadgets and how they work that would be great, because they are not in the rule books.

There are some player aids posted here on BGG. I like this one a lot: https://s3.amazonaws.com/geekdo-files.com/bgg237333?response...

Just gives an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
awesome one more thing, it says in the rule book that you can't benefit from the bonuses from two melee weapons or ranged weapons. Does that mean that in this instance that they don't get the re-roll and extra electric damage from the second baton since those are after the + icon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evlmonkey22 wrote:
awesome one more thing, it says in the rule book that you can't benefit from the bonuses from two melee weapons or ranged weapons. Does that mean that in this instance that they don't get the re-roll and extra electric damage from the second baton since those are after the + icon?
Nightwing has the Ambidextrous still, so he DOES benefit from both weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ah okay, so batman isn't the Conan of this game, Nightwing is. Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sperry
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
warriorban wrote:
For exemple I perform an attack with 2 orange dice and poison 2 against a mini with 2 automatic defense and 3 wound point.

If I obtain 2 or less success with my dice poison does not trigger. If I obtain 3 or more success on the dice. Poison is trigger and then I inflict 2 more wound to the target.

If they target chose to roll defensive dice would you need to exceed their defense they rolled for or just the automatic defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony berart
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
nbsperry wrote:
warriorban wrote:

If they target chose to roll defensive dice would you need to exceed their defense they rolled for or just the automatic defense?

Both automatic defense + success of the roll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sperry
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
warriorban wrote:
nbsperry wrote:
warriorban wrote:

Both automatic defense + success of the roll

That's how I just played but checking it was correct. Was slightly confused by wording. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evlmonkey22 wrote:
ah okay, so batman isn't the Conan of this game, Nightwing is. Lol

What happens if you limit Nightwing to only one baton instead of two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't really do that because in the mission it states Baton x2 so he gets those 2 batons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.