Michele Cannone
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Oh yeah!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Guys...today I spent sometimes sleeving card, reading rules and...trying to figure out how to store game component.

What do you think about that?

Maybe it would be good to have ziplock with premade pg cards set and take the rest divided by card categories?

Tomorrow I'll show my choice but it's still a wip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
www.GameBrainPod.com
mbmbmbmbmb
michelecannone wrote:
So Guys...today I spent sometimes sleeving card, reading rules and...trying to figure out how to store game component.

What do you think about that?

Maybe it would be good to have ziplock with premade pg cards set and take the rest divided by card categories?

Tomorrow I'll show my choice but it's still a wip

I went with two large Plano's (exact width of the box and can stack two on top of each other) for all the tokens, figures and some of the sleeved cards. The rest of the sleeved cards are going in an Ultra Pro deck box that also fits inside the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasparas Grigunas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
I made foam core insert as soon as i got the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Casparas wrote:

How do you cut it. I’ve tried with a razor knife but struggled to get clean cuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson

Boulder
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casparas wrote:

That is a nice insert! May have to try this as well. This looks better than my Plano box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
How do you cut it. I’ve tried with a razor knife but struggled to get clean cuts.

You need a really sharp blade. And don't try to cut through the foam core in one step, make multiple passes and let the weight of the blade do the cutting.

Here's a good video on foam core inserts:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasparas Grigunas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Video Christopher posted sums it up pretty well, something i like to do is decide on the height of the tray i am going to make and cut long strips of foam core of that height, you may need someone to help you keep the ruler in place. Then i just measure and cut the length that i need.
Also double check if your fingers aren't hanging over the edge of the ruler, it's not as obvious as it may seem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman McCoy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@casparas That custom insert looks great!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't own it so I can't say how good it is or not, Logan Graphics sell a FoamWerks Kit that is supposed to take out the hard part of cutting foam core.

I know most hobby stores were I live, stock it.

http://www.logangraphic.com/product/foamwerks-tools/w1001-fo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cioffarelli
msg tools
mb
Casparas wrote:

Are you going, maybe, to share the design sheets?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kanakousakis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmb
Because I'm carrying around the game to my friends home I used fishing boxes to store everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cioffaz wrote:

Are you going, maybe, to share the design sheets?

Thank you!

With Foamcore, I usually just wing it by cutting pieces, fitting components into them, and building as I go. It's not usually worth the time to actually document a design in advance. If anything, just take screenshots of the finished product and it should be easy for anyone else to reproduce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Mireault
Canada
flag msg tools
What sized Planno are those? I was thinking of getting a 3500 for the minis and 2 3600 for tokens and cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I made my storage based on Casparas's photos.

I usually make things by trial and error, and I don't have any design background, but here are my measurements if they help anybody. I used 1mm board for the bottoms of the trays and 3mm foamcore for the rest.

Bottom tray - figures and map tiles

Cut a piece of board 285mm x 285mm (might as well do two as you'll need one for next level trays too)

Cut fc:
42mm x 285 mm x two
42mm x 279mm x three
42mm x 88mm x one

The two longest fc go top and bottom and the two 279mm make the left and right sides. The 88mm fc goes 90mm up from the bottom and then the last 279mm piece completes the tray making boxes for figures.

Middle Tray - scenery, banners and player cards

Cut your board so you end up with a piece 179mm x 285mm and two pieces 53mm x 285mm (you'll use these for the card trays).

Cut fc: 35mm x 285mm x two
35mm x 171mm x four
35mm x 129mm x two
35mm x 90mm x one
35mm x 74mm x one

The two longest pieces are the left and right walls. Then four 171mm go across at top and bottom and 129mm from top and 222mm from top.

Then use the two 129mm pieces to make your top three boxes. I made the character card one 80mm wide, the wall one 25mm and the table/barrel one 60mm. If you want to leave room for fingers to pick up character cards cut a 20mm section out of the top edge piece.

The 74mm (horizontal) and the 90mm (vertical) pieces then go in to make the rest of the scenery boxes.

Top Tray - counters and cards

Cut another piece of board 179mm x 285mm

Cut fc:
35mm x 285 x two
35mm x 279mm x one
35mm x 173 x two
35mm x 100mm x four
35mm x 70mm x four

The two long pieces are left and right edges. The 279mm piece goes in vertically leaving 70mm to left and 100mm to right - if in doubt make the left (card) boxes bigger.

Then the 70mm and 100mm pieces go in horizontally leaving each card box 53mm x 70mm and each counter box 53mm x 100mm.

Lastly, if you want to get fiddly you can cut some 20mm finger holes into the left edge to make it easier to get the cards out..

Card Trays x 2

Use the two 53mm x 285mm pieces of board from earlier.

Cut fc:
71mm x 285mm x four
71mm x 47mm x four (if you want dividers in the trays add more of these pieces)

Simply use the long pieces for the sides and the small pieces for the top and bottom and dividers if you want.

I hope this helps.

I found the storage system easy to use and there's plenty of space for future expansions. Big thanks again to Casparas who did the original I copied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
www.GameBrainPod.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Flambeau Tackle Boxes and a Broken Token mini card organizer. Set up and playing on the table in under 5 minutes, plus some room to grow.

FLA 4007 T-TAINER BOX W/12DVDR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UZBSWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_48...

The Broken Token Case for Mini-Size Cards https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016X2QV92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C9...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the Foamcore I did over the weekend.

It's also a 3-tiered organizer.

Full Box:

Top Level (Tokens and cards used during each Scenario/Adventure). Each of the inside trays are removable.

Middle Level (Hero decks and items generally only used between scenarios or when starting a new campaign). These are 2 separate trays.

Bottom Level (Map tiles, Minis, and Banners). I suspect the map tiles will eventually go into some kind of accordian folder or other organizer outside of the main game box, at which point I will make more trays for holding minis and other components in the bottom.

Everything laid out:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasparas Grigunas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Looks good Loki, do you find 3mm thick board sturdy enough? I was thinking about trying it but couldn't find any in black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally use 3mm foamcore for all my game storage and never had a problem with the strength so far. I find the extra 2 mm on each edge useful sometimes for tight fits. I use 2mm craft board as a base though rather than foam core, and usually leave the pins holding the base in after the glue has dried.

As far as I know the 3mm foamcore only comes in white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s really nice work Faranim. Loved your Descent storage as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow you guys are brilliant.

Thanks for dimensions, Loki. I used 5mm as it was laying around. Adjusted the dimensions to accommodate. Worked out with the exception of one card box which I had to redo and slim down to fit.

This is my first organizer, 5-6 hours later...lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle - looks great. Amazing job for a first storage.

Now you can go back to all your other games and do storage for them.....that's April and May sorted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.