Subject: Trailer is up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/coolminiornot/videos/65073583203734...

https://twitter.com/CMONGames/status/1118984953721688073

Chose FB or Twitter for it Or even YT:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see some actual gameplay with explanations on the mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chu
msg tools
looks like it’s just central yarhnam, old yarhnam and the lower Cathedral ward. Kinda hoping there’s stretch goals for cainhurst/the crow feather garb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jusstin hewelt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Lots of new mechanics shown:

Flipping player boards for alternate weapons
Time track
Respawning enemies

It looks borderline, but the minis will be great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jusstin hewelt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Fatal_Pillow wrote:
looks like it’s just central yarhnam, old yarhnam and the lower Cathedral ward. Kinda hoping there’s stretch goals for cainhurst/the crow feather garb.

There’s going to be at least $300 in expansions <.<
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
I'd like to see some actual gameplay with explanations on the mechanics.

This is a good start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Palazini
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are so many places to explore and this seems to really only dive into the surface areas. Here's hoping that trailer was only the lightest tease on purpose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gutteranthems wrote:
There are so many places to explore and this seems to really only dive into the surface areas. Here's hoping that trailer was only the lightest tease on purpose

I hope so too... But given how deep Michael has dived into the Video game hopefully we can expect much more of the game in an all in KS. (and yes that means $300...)

Michael Shinall wrote:
As part of prep for the Bloodborne Board Game I have now completed my 8th full run through the game (Difficulty stops increasing at New Game+6).

https://twitter.com/michaelshinall

He's also active on BGG:

Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gutteranthems wrote:

they said there are 3 campaigns in the core game; I believe those shown are only a (small) part of the whole

CMON did it with The Others for example: basic tiles + expansions; given the narrative/campaign nature here, it'll fit even better

so I do believe we'll see A LOT of different areas, don't worry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythologem wrote:
gutteranthems wrote:

they said there are 3 campaigns in the core game; I believe those shown are only a (small) part of the whole

CMON did it with The Others for example: basic tiles + expansions; given the narrative/campaign nature here, it'll fit even better

so I do believe we'll see A LOT of different areas, don't worry

Ya this teaser doesn't seem like the KS video - we usually get that a day before the KS. That should have more details with what is in the core box.

The Others is amazing, it's one of my favorite games the variability is great - though predetermined there. Bloodborne seems to go one step further then Cthulhu: Death May Die with random tiles (helping for replayability)- it's similar to Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia in that one aspect. I'm glad CMON is being innovative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes yes, the more variability, the more randomness, the better. I don't drop over 100 dollars on a game just to play it a couple times and then take up 2 cubic feet of shelf space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thereck wrote:
Fatal_Pillow wrote:

There’s going to be at least $300 in expansions <.<

For once Im fine with that (if it even will be that much). First time I will go all in on kickstarter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
get off my avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hope the card design isnt final, looks a bit boring.
Let's wait for the KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
Caek please :D
mbmbmb
Goldron wrote:
Let's wait for the KS

To be fair, BB’s interface design is very plain and Spartan.

...and the cards match it to a “t”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxx David
msg tools
Imaginary Star wrote:
Goldron wrote:
Let's wait for the KS

I would disagree. The cards and design have a lot of dead space around them and it really looks (hoping) like a prototype. The card game had a better design and that was in-engine photos of the monsters.

Like in the video above, your hunter card has the same art on both sides when it should be your weapon transformed. Everything seems a bit too generic and bland. Again, I'm hoping this isn't finalized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minel Ungureanu
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mb
When you copy things from a successful boardgame, you don’t need to copy even the bad parts.

I understand the new trend (dungeon crawlers with deck building, e.g. Gloomhaven, Journeys in Middle-Earth) but you don’t need to remove art from cards. Gloomhaven was packed with content and was only one guy or two, otherwise all cards maybe would have some nice art on them (both the character action cards, but also the monster A.I. cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Savin
msg tools
mb
Due to the teaser we will need to go through the same campaign again, but now on the table. I expected it would be absolutely different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Video:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
singlefate wrote:
Imaginary Star wrote:
Goldron wrote:
Let's wait for the KS

I would disagree. The cards and design have a lot of dead space around them and it really looks (hoping) like a prototype. The card game had a better design and that was in-engine photos of the monsters.

Like in the video above, your hunter card has the same art on both sides when it should be your weapon transformed. Everything seems a bit too generic and bland. Again, I'm hoping this isn't finalized.

While I am open to possibilities, I like what I saw. It’s functional, clean, and reads well from afar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Dorantes
United States
redmond
OR
flag msg tools
I'm not gonna lie, I felt underwhelmed by the preview...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is so many great games to emulate or to get design ideas from . I feel cool mini needs to be more innovating. Last year they did well, but I think it was lower sales then projected ks that funded less then what they were hoping for . Considering the previous year was hot !with lower then projected sales last year . I would like them to push the envelope a little more .. I could be wrong which I am 99 percent of the time . So what ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
New thing is a thing now:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_1YfLFakW8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anete
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
Banana
mbmbmb
I think I drooled all over my keyboard by watching these teasers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally watched it. I was initially curious and saw some potential from CMON having watching SFG Dark Souls, but just look at those cards and dashboards. It's not only underwhelming, it's just simple/lazy art. Feels like par for the course with CMON these days. I will reserve final judgment until the launch, but I can't say that I found this exciting or encouraging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nightsbane wrote:
I finally watched it. I was initially curious and saw some potential from CMON having watching SFG Dark Souls, but just look at those cards and dashboards. It's not only underwhelming, it's just simple/lazy art. Feels like par for the course with CMON these days. I will reserve final judgment until the launch, but I can't say that I found this exciting or encouraging.

I'm pretty sure those arent final copies, and if they are I would hope this game is super cheap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.