Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's possible to do this with posts in forums, but is there a way to flag videos to be moved to the correct section? It seems like everything defaults into reviews which puts a lot of videos that aren't reviews (unboxings and sessions mostly) in that section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Might try geekmailing the person who submitted them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
If a video is in the wrong section or even the wrong game, you can report it to the correction queue and I'll take care of it.

Just click on the edit button on the main page of the game (upper right hand corner)

Then just scroll to the bottom where it has the Note to Admin section.

Provide the link of the video and the correct category.

If it's in the wrong game, then a link to the correct game.

Thanks

edit: the unboxing category is relatively new (within the last year, I think) so there will be tons and tons of old unboxing videos that should be moved, but there's no easy way for us to identify them unless they are reported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
If a video is in the wrong section or even the wrong game, you can report it to the correction queue and I'll take care of it.

Just click on the edit button on the main page of the game (upper right hand corner)

Thanks

edit: the unboxing category is relatively new (within the last year, I think) so there will be tons and tons of old unboxing videos that should be moved, but there's no easy way for us to identify them unless they are reported.

Any way to have a correction link on the video page itself?
It's very counter-intuitive to have to go to the game page and click a correction there, and put the video details in the comments.
I know the routine but I'm sure you're missing a lot of potential user-submitted corrections just because people don't see a way to do it from the page of the relevant video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

Thanks

It's very counter-intuitive to have to go to the game page and click a correction there, and put the video details in the comments.
I know the routine but I'm sure you're missing a lot of potential user-submitted corrections just because people don't see a way to do it from the page of the relevant video.

Sure the programmers could create such a reporting feature. However the admins (who donate their time) are the shoemakers children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

Thanks

As Herb said, the programmers could code that but I'd imagine it would be low priority so we have to work with what we got

Another option without leaving the video page:
1) Where it says "add a tag" click on that, type "wrong_item" (without the quotes)
2) Then in the comment section note which category it should go to or for a wrong game, note the correct game (preferably as a link).

A similar method is used for images, but it would work for videos too.
https://boardgamegeek.com/tag/wrong_item/

Hope that helps. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

Interesting; I have a question:

If an admin deals with something tagged wrong_item, do they then (using admin powers) remove the wrong_item tag which a user placed on the item? If not, it seems like there would be a constant confusing backlog of false positives still marked as wrong_item but which were in fact already corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

Interesting; I have a question:

If an admin deals with something tagged wrong_item, do they then (using admin powers) remove the wrong_item tag which a user placed on the item? If not, it seems like there would be a constant confusing backlog of false positives still marked as wrong_item but which were in fact already corrected.

Yes, we remove the wrong_item tag for the exact reason you described.

Always a chance we accidentally forget to do that since it's all manually done, but we try in order to keep the wrong_item tag as useful as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.
I had no idea that there are admins who proactively seek "wrong_item" tags and fix them.

Is this publicized anywhere as a way to submit corrections?
I'm a long-time user and definitely this is news to me (and a much easier way to submit corrections than I've been doing previously).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Interesting.
I had no idea that there are admins who proactively seek "wrong_item" tags and fix them.

Is this publicized anywhere as a way to submit corrections?
I'm a long-time user and definitely this is news to me (and a much easier way to submit corrections than I've been doing previously).

Well, the preferred method is via the correction queue for most issues with videos & images.

Duplicate images are not reported to the correction queue, instead just tag them as "duplicate".

Images uploaded to the right game, but the wrong gallery (game, people, creative) should be sent through Geekmod.

I was just coming up with another possibility if someone wants to use the "wrong_item" tag, but the tag system has a number of drawbacks:

1) It has to be precise. If someone tags it as "wrongitem", "wrongitems", "wrong_game", "wrong item" (without the _ ) or anything other than "wrong_item", it is unlikely to be seen.

2) I go through the correction queue multiple times throughout the day, every day, so for most of these issues, they will be fixed pretty quick. I personally don't go thru the "wrong_item" list on a daily basis.

3) Some users will tag an something as "wrong_item" but don't leave a comment on where it should go, so unless the admin knows where it should go, it will just sit there which leads me to...

4) I can't fully explain why, but some recent additions to the "wrong_item" tag don't appear on the last page - sometimes I see them on the first page, other times somewhere in the middle. So in order for an admin to ensure they see any new reports, they have to go through each page and I believe there's around 12 or 13 pages now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.