Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about I variant I want to try out tomorrow in a 6p TI4 game.

Quote:
Each player would get a Public Objective Veto that they could use once per game. During step 2 of the Status Phase, in turn order when a Public Objective is revealed a Faction could discard the newly revealed public objective and draw a new one from the same deck in as the current Stage as long there will be 5 objectives of that stage in play after the Veto.

My idea behind this is to give players a bit of control over the objectives in the game. Since players are able to discard Secret objectives, why not some mechanism to discard Public Objectives as well? Do they Veto one now and be unable to Veto another objective later? Do they want to take away an easy tech objective if they are Sardakk Norr? What if there are not 6 planets with the same trait?

Thoughts? Questions?

Poll
What do you think of this half baked idea? (Please explain in the comments below)
Terrible - it will worsen the game! Just don't do it
Bad - too half-baked come back again
Meh - seems like it will lengthen an already long game
Complete Indifference - I have no opinion other than to vote here
OK - I might try it out
Good - this makes an already great game better!
      16 answers
Poll created by Hector131
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey H
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Visit Mount Celeste
badge
You Can Do This!
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted "meh", not because I think it would lengthen an already long game, but because I feel like it is a "meh" solution to the issue you're trying to address.

I think a more interesting variant (especially in a 4 player game) would be using a #9 Strategy Card, Bureaucracy. The primary allows the player to look at two unrevealed Public Objectives of whatever type gets revealed next. Then, he places one on top of the deck and one on the bottom of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Heck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d try it if I were you, if for no other reason than to tell us how it went

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't try it out. It may have helped the game, but I will have to come to this again next time we are scheduled!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.