HATE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does Kill trigger KO'ed skills? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Jesus
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When a figure is killed in combat (for instance due to overkill rule in The Tyrant Scenario) does it trigger KO'ed abilities? My take is not, but would like to see you opninion on that.

Cheers,
Ricardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Richard
msg tools
Yes you would still trigger the KO'ed ability, but that would technically resolve before the guy dies. Because the fact that the guy is killed instantly is triggered first by the actual KO of the attack.

The sequence would go as such :
1- Resolve Attack
2- Ko the enemy
3- Trigger KO'ed abilities (and the Overkill rule would fit right into this part aka if you hit more than X over defense then he dies directly)

The first example and very simple one is the fact that you still gain a Hate token after taking down the guy (KO or Kill) you can see the Hate gain as part of the effects that resolves on a KO, so why would the other abilities not resolve?

If you want the actual graphic explanation, you can see an overkill like this : The attacker KO'ed an enemy and then got zealous and starter smashing his body like no tomorrow (extra hits). That would mean he was KO'ed before being killed.

Anyway you wanna see this, I think KO'ed ability still resolve when an enemy is killed, because, usually, the killed status is first triggered by a KO anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Velibor Janosevic
msg tools
mbmb
Relsor wrote:
When a figure is killed in combat (for instance due to overkill rule in The Tyrant Scenario) does it trigger KO'ed abilities? My take is not, but would like to see you opninion on that.

Cheers,
Ricardo

Definitely you can resolve everything as figure is KO-d!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Jesus
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok. Makes sense!

Thanks for your thorough explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stephens
United States
Omaha
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm using Vore Nash and my opponent is using Um' Tull.. My card is called Save food for later, After you KO an enemy Warrior Place it's figure in your village. Treat it as a carried body at the end of the battle.. His ability is Rotten Meat. After an allied figure is Ko'd. Remove it from the board and place it back in your Village. Who's ability goes off first? I'm the attacker. We chose the attacker first since, the game goes attacker chooses his skills then defender. We couldn't find it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
Australia
flag msg tools
Varvirus wrote:
I'm using Vore Nash and my opponent is using Um' Tull.. My card is called Save food for later, After you KO an enemy Warrior Place it's figure in your village. Treat it as a carried body at the end of the battle.. His ability is Rotten Meat. After an allied figure is Ko'd. Remove it from the board and place it back in your Village. Who's ability goes off first? I'm the attacker. We chose the attacker first since, the game goes attacker chooses his skills then defender. We couldn't find it anywhere.

I would roll off to determine who gets first play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.