Catan» Forums » General

Subject: Catan Games and Collectibles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Morris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
I was recently in another forum discussing the rarity and cost of various Catan items.

It got me thinking about my own collection and I realised that the 2 or 3 items that are most precious to me are not actually the rarest or most expensive at all. So while I love having things like a copy of the very first Catan game released, I am actually more pleased to have a simple postcard signed by Mr Teuber.

So can I ask what other people consider their most important or most precious Catan possession?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don’t know if it’s the mat precious, but it was the hardest to get: 5-6 players expansion for the base game in plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Don’t know if itks the mat precious, but it was the hardest to get: 5-6 players expansion for the base game in plastic.

Really? At least in spain is very easy

https://www.amazon.es/Devir-Catan-BGCATAN56-Ampliaci%C3%B3n-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Morris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
It is often commented on how different distributors have alternate designs.

For me, though my favourite item is still a small postcard
https://catancollector.com/catan-news/59-my-new-coolest-item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jupklass wrote:
Slotracer wrote:
Don’t know if itks the mat precious, but it was the hardest to get: 5-6 players expansion for the base game in plastic.

Really? At least in spain is very easy

https://www.amazon.es/Devir-Catan-BGCATAN56-Ampliaci%C3%B3n-...

I wanted it in Danish and it took a while before I got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crosis2369 wrote:
So can I ask what other people consider their most important or most precious Catan possession?

For me, it is Die Siedler von Catan: Das Buch zum Spielen. I recently managed to get a second copy at what I can only call a discount price, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is my CatanBoard with the 5-6 player expansion insert from the ultimate ill-fated Kickstarter. It’s a shame — the board is a fantastic way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Morris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
I would love to see a photo of the expansion board. It sounds interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Morris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
jorganos wrote:
For me, it is Die Siedler von Catan: Das Buch zum Spielen. I recently managed to get a second copy at what I can only call a discount price, too.

I have been thinking about a second copy. The problem is the weight. Two places I tried wanted almost twice the cost of the purchase price in shipping alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gough
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2016 world championship exclusive resource cards and glass robber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Morris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
Han Shot First wrote:
My 2016 world championship exclusive resource cards and glass robber.

Is that the one with the cowboy hat? You do not see those very often at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gough
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No hat - it looks something like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Overson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1972738/my-3d-catan-board-z...

The 3D Catan board I made. The only items I didn't make were the case and the extra components that you could get on Ebay from people who would buy the game and sell the components: rule book, dice, cards and the four building cost and longest road/largest army cards.

It is a complete set as far as all the pieces goes and to me it's priceless. It took a while to make and I can't even think of a price I'd be willing to part with it.

I tried to get as close to scale as possible, so the settlements matched the landscape. I also didn't want big sheep or trees with small mountains in comparison. I think I did a good job with the scale when you compare it to other custom 3D boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Morris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
Knife2sharp wrote:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1972738/my-3d-catan-board-z...

The 3D Catan board I made. The only items I didn't make were the case and the extra components that you could get on Ebay from people who would buy the game and sell the components: rule book, dice, cards and the four building cost and longest road/largest army cards.

It is a complete set as far as all the pieces goes and to me it's priceless. It took a while to make and I can't even think of a price I'd be willing to part with it.

I tried to get as close to scale as possible, so the settlements matched the landscape. I also didn't want big sheep or trees with small mountains in comparison. I think I did a good job with the scale when you compare it to other custom 3D boards.

Wow, I can understand why that took so much time to create and why it is so precious to you. You did a fantastic job.

I do think the 3d aspect adds a lot to the fun of the game for some reason. I bought a 10th Anniversary set in 2006 and even today it is still my most played set. Since 2006 I have added to my games but my 3d sets still are the centre of my Catan collection.
https://catancollector.com/images/office/190514/office-t.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.