Subject: Completing action or not rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc-Andre Dufort
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Do you have To complete an action if you win?

For exemple, if a card generate fear, then a blight. Can you win with the generate fear even if the blight would make you loose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laitue Verte
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
Yes, you would need to complete the power or action. Your situation would be a Sacrifice Victory, meaning you both win and lose. See FAQ here:
Quote:
What creates a sacrifice victory? What do you finish evaluating before deciding whether you have won or lost?
You finish evaluating the current effect, for instance a Power or a Ravage in a single land. If that triggers both a win condition and a loss condition, it is a sacrifice victory (p. 12).
For instance, if Pillar of Living Flame does enough damage to destroy the last needed Invader and then adds the last Blight to the island, that is a sacrifice victory. If a Ravage in a land adds the last Blight, but then the Dahan retaliate and wipe out the last Invaders for the current victory condition, that is also a sacrifice victory.

https://querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!.bu6oc8v

But the way I see it, you managed to drive off those pesky Invaders. And at least, you did not sink the whole island into the ocean doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
laitueverte wrote:
And at least, you did not sink the whole island into the ocean doing so.

Usually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Andre Dufort
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Great!!
Couldn't do better before I lost the island to the next ravage.

Plus, I was playing heart of the wildfire so I was please with all that blight around me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.