Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m trying to find this and whatever other Dominion sets came with the metal coins. Can anyone clarify which edition(s) I should be looking for? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds and Renaissance definitely have them. I think there are some in Seaside as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I am aware, all English language editions (i.e. published by RGG) of expansions that use coin tokens (Seaside, Prosperity, Guilds, Renaissance) come with the same metal coins - so that the coins are interchangeable between them; although quantities will vary between expansions depending on the usage.

I believe that some other publishers (in other countries / languages) used cardboard tokens rather than metal for all tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seaside has Embargo and Pirate ship tokens

Empires has VP tokens and Debt tokens
The VP tokens may be "off-color", but still work all the same. The VP tokens also come 2pt denominations

Guilds has Coin tokens, later renamed to "Coffers"

Renaissance uses the same "generic coins", and instead, tracks the type by whichever playmat you place them on (Coffers vs. Villagers)

European editions of the Empires came with cardboard tokens instead of metal coins. Some "early buy" edition did come with metal coins, but otherwise, not going metal as standard was deemed the only way pubs would be willing to even publish this there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
ackmondual wrote:
Renaissance uses the same "generic coins", and instead, tracks the type by whichever playmat you place them on (Coffers vs. Villagers)

Correct; plus, Prosperity has VP tokens and Coin tokens. And all these tokens are metal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Correct; plus, Prosperity has VP tokens and Coin tokens. And all these tokens are metal.
OP posted this to the Prosperity board, so I figured he was already aware of that. However, this does round out the list. At least for now (given Ren. as the most recent set).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Do the “pirate” tokens differ in any way from the generic coins included with Guilds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rbf1138 wrote:
donaldx wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Do the “pirate” tokens differ in any way from the generic coins included with Guilds?

No, that's what they are. The coin tokens in Seaside, Prosperity, Guilds, and Renaissance are all the same token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan B.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
rbf1138 wrote:
donaldx wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

No, that's what they are. The coin tokens in Seaside, Prosperity, Guilds, and Renaissance are all the same token.

Thanks, Donald! I love the size and feel of these coins and want to buy a bunch to use with other games. Rio Grande told me they don’t have any, which seemed weird to me. I’d love to buy any spares anyone has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.