Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Garrett
United States
Oxford
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! Sorry if this has already been asked (I searched but didn't find an answer).

I'm sure this is an edge case but thought I'd ask anyway. We had a situation where an event card made fire spread into unexplored rooms. Since someone had an objective to explore all room tiles (cooperative) they went into the room with fire damage to explore it.

The problem that came up was that the room on fire was the nest. We couldn't agree on a viable solution but thematically the room was on fire with eggs in it for at least a round or two. So per the rules, eggs should have been dying in there while it was unexplored. However, there's no good way to determine how many eggs should have been destroyed before we discovered the room.

So, what would you do in this situation? Count eggs as destroyed while the room was undiscovered or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Soller
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Thematically you're right but I wouldn't start burning eggs until it was revealed. Maybe thematically the fire started on a side of the room where the eggs weren't and had to spread? Lol theme is important to me too bud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules give you no way to determine how many eggs would be destroyed in such case, so it should be none.

And even thematically it makes sense if you keep the following in mind. You don't know his many eggs there are until you discover them. The eggs on the intruder board are just a mechanic not knowledge. So once you discover the nest, that's how many eggs you find. Sure some might (thematically) been lost to the fire already, but those on the intruder board are the ones you found intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.