Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations» Forums » General

Subject: New to game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Jackson
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
If your like me and just discovered these (DVG Games)

Just a heads up on Hornet Leader don't get frustrated.

Armament takes a while at first as there are a lot of weapons,targets and pilot's(abilities)

As you play more and more you'll begin to know what jet's take what weapons and which weapon's blow up which targets...(better)

Be careful on the jet cards as some jets can take certain weapons but not on certain missions I.E Jet A's card says it can take missile B.... But because its the year 1984 (mission) missile B hasn't been invented yet...So really pay attention to the mission card as to what weapons are available for that year.

I really kicked butt on one mission then realized I had armed wrong. It was like I was in the Civil War with an AK-47 laying waste to team musket

Other than that an Amazing Game!!! I can't wait to get Corsair Leader,B-17, Phantom Etc.

Dark
P.S. just un-boxed my Sherman Leader WOW!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
badge
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Air Leader series. If you haven't seen this, Steve has written a step-by-step guide for players new to the game -- Flatten the Learning Curve Rules Summary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
This file will help you assign weapons properly:

Graphical Player Aid: Arming Aircraft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.