Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Thompson

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fritzilla wrote:
Vital,

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into your games as well as the input and accessibility you offer to gamers. This response is an example of the sincerity and respect you have for the community.

I have been waiting excitedly for this game for a while now. I tried to back as fast as I could right after the game went live and still only managed to get in at around 700. So, I was in immediately and really look forward to the game.

I think the way the stretch goals are presented is a little awkward. I have to agree with the OP. I read your reasoning and I get that too. So I understand your position. It helps for us to see the game in as final of a design as possible. However, it also is a double edge sword in that it can appear that the stretch goals are artificial since "we are getting those things already." I had to laugh when I read one poster's comment that the next stretch goal will earn us a "rulebook in every copy!" Even worse, if the game fails to hit all the SG you need it to, backers would be put off if certain elements were removed from the game! That could backfire.

I am locked in and look forward to the game no matter what. I just see the viewpoint of the criticism. No matter, I think the campaign will go well.

Good luck and congratulations.

So you like fake stretch goals designed to treat you like a sucker? Because that is all a stretch goal is a giant middle finger designed to make you think you ar f'ed unless you spend more money. Is that what you want? I gave up on suckerstarter years ago for this very garbage reason. I am backing this because they did away with sucker FOMO.

Your not getting stuff "already" if they get enough preorders you get stuff, seems simple enough to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
philtrees wrote:
DC680 wrote:
But wait! There's more!

Act now and for the same low price you get not one, not two but three copies of On Mars!!

Yes, Kickstarter has a bit of an infomercial feel to it with all the "unlocked" stretch goals. But hey, that's how it is these days, without them people don't get the rush of joining a campaign full of "extras."

Group buys make the game much cheaper to purchase. Is saving me plenty on rrp and shipping... surprised you've never done it before...

But not much discount for group buys on this one. My normal group-buy group decided it's not worth it.

Stick to your north american bubble fella. Living in australia postage gets bonkers. Saving plenty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
I think that part of this is totally my fault. I designed the game as I idealized it, with the custom bits, the silkscreen, the boards, and all those now SGs. My deal with EGG is that we can do everything if we reach them as SGs. Otherwise, I need to downsize the bits on the game. To save time and work, I designed the rulebook like we reached all those goals. If we don't, I need to change the pictures on the rules. I'm sorry for trying a different approach here. I may take some of the excitement of the campaign, but to me, those are real SG's simple because to produce the game the way I created there is the need for more backers.

I love it - the only thing I'd like to see more is a more modular Insert which reduces setup time to a minimum (I haven't recieved Escape Plan yet so maybe it's a better insert than in The Gallerist, Lisboa or Vinhos - and don't get me wrong this inserts are still good)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Zilla
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Your not getting stuff "already" if they get enough preorders you get stuff, seems simple enough to me."

The only reason I said it that way, and I put it in quotes, was because that's the way the game has been presented up to and including on the campaign itself. It's a perception. For instance, I never even assume silkscreening was potentially not included. I had simply seen the meeple look that way in much of the marketing and preliminary images that I assumed that's what the components were going to look like. And yes, I should not assume, but that's a common assumption considering others have shared similar feedback.

Either way, I am in and looking forward to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Fredriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Omnomnom
mbmbmbmbmb
The removable trays to make set up a bit quicker was a surprise. And a pleasant one at that.

I really like clever box inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.