Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Quests for less than 6 people rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Moore
South Africa
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Hi there, new to the game and my gaming group consists of usually 4-5 people. Nobody wants to control an extra person, so was wondering if there are any fan made quests that consist of less than 6 heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias ??!
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will find several "official" quests on www.zombicide.com, including some designed for 4+ players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 5, you can try most of the standard quests as is. They'll be a bit harder but the experience is intact (and difficulty varies hugely anyway depending on the included enemies).

With 4, I'd suggest the D6 variant - for each spawn point, roll a die each turn and it only spawns a card on 1-4 (lower or equal to player number).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
This question comes up a lot. These are some threads I found with a quick search. You’ll find many ideas and answers here:

6 Survivors
Best way to scale down the number of Survivors?
How do you handle scenarios with six survivors with less than six players?
Why do all the missions require 6 heroes? And are there any variants for playing with just 1 hero per player?
Fix for having less heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you said no one wants to run an extra character, but honestly, it's quite easy with the aid of the dashboards. My kids and I play together and my 12- and 7-year olds have no problem running two characters each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I know you said no one wants to run an extra character, but honestly, it's quite easy with the aid of the dashboards. My kids and I play together and my 12- and 7-year olds have no problem running two characters each.

I don't think it's about the cognitive overload - it's not that hard to manage - but for some people, the enjoyment in this type of games comes from the impersonation of the character, and controlling several characters may break the immersion. "Fun" is a really personal thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I get it. I just think it gets less fun if you're playing a 6-character mission with 5. And in this case, it would just be one person having to double up, but to each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
When we have 5 players we play 1 each and have a 6th character we all control by committee. That way we get a person each for 'role-playing' purposes, but we also have a full team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
We’ve played with a rotating 6th character. So 5 people each have a character they control permanently, and another who is always controlled by the first player, but goes last in the round - this also helps with the massive gap between turns if you’re first player this round and have to wait through 8 other turns before getting your next action.

Personally, I don’t think the game is nearly as much fun if you’re only controlling 1 character - it’s just way too easy to have a turn where you’re stuck/only move and have nothing better to do. 2+ makes it much less likely that you’ll have a dead round. It also means that it you get lousy rolls/ fail to find any decent equipment, there’s a second chance of getting a character who does better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.