Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Turpin
United Kingdom
Bar Hill
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing a scenario where there are a lot of vehicles deployed, how do you differentiate between vehicles that have not moved during a player turn and those that have moved but are now stopped. Is this left purely to the memory of the players or is there a counter to represent this?

I raise this with regards to the application of case 14 and 24.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, this has never been a difficulty even with scenarios with relatively large numbers of vehicles, like Merzenhausen Zoo.

Incidentally, Vasl marks counters as moved, which is very helpful for Pbem games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gochinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
turpid wrote:
When playing a scenario where there are a lot of vehicles deployed, how do you differentiate between vehicles that have not moved during a player turn and those that have moved but are now stopped. Is this left purely to the memory of the players or is there a counter to represent this?

I raise this with regards to the application of case 14 and 24.

David

I have seen allot of players use the very small tile spacers to denote moved vehicles. They fit on the counter and are more or less easy to handle.

Regards
Joe

https://www.amazon.com/QEP-10006Q-16-Inch-Spacers-250-Piece/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turpin
United Kingdom
Bar Hill
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im surprised that as the ASL(SK) system is such a precise gaming system that there are not counters specifically to denote vehicles that have moved during the player turn but have now stopped, ideally in red type on a white background to indicate that the effects relating to case 14 /case 24 apply up to the conclusion of the CCPh when they are removed.

I have a set of small red cubes that I use for marking stacks in other games, I'll use these in scenarios where there are a lot of vehicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

How do you mark infantry units that have already moved?

Some players orient all moved units towards a specific direction.

I just remember them.

Vehicles, being fewer usually, are even easier to remember.

An excess of information counters is not conducive to smooth play.

Naturally, YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
turpid wrote:
Im surprised that as the ASL(SK) system is such a precise gaming system that there are not counters specifically to denote vehicles that have moved during the player turn but have now stopped, ideally in red type on a white background to indicate that the effects relating to case 14 /case 24 apply up to the conclusion of the CCPh when they are removed.

I have a set of small red cubes that I use for marking stacks in other games, I'll use these in scenarios where there are a lot of vehicles.

Full ASL didn't have such markers until 2019, having them included in Red Factories.
Players managed to play without them for 33 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
Full ASL didn't have such markers until 2019, having them included in Red Factories.

Which counters are you thinking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am away from home - in Israel actually - and I seemed to remember that there were "Moved" markers... but I was wrong (mixing up with Vehicular DFF/FF markers).
Anyway, excepted in high vehicular density scenarios, I think that memory alone can keep track of the moved vehicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.