Popular Tags: [View All]
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier I had made a image showing all combinations of how the edges of neoprene mats M1, M3, M4, and M5 can tile together. SJG hasn't posted nice flat images of M6 and M7 yet, so I took photos of mine in order to update the visual tiling guide.

I tucked an M6 and M7 into my original big tiling image. Then made a new one showing many combos with the new mats. Some of these edge connections will need overlay help; this image incorporates all of the suggested combo layouts that Drew noted on the SJG forum.

While of course you could buy piles of maps for the 'big game'; these will be most useful for visualising more practical combos by taking smaller portions of the grids for scenario layouts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how big of a table that would be or how we would even get to the center to move our units but I want to game at your place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
Each mat is 2' x 2'.
6' is the widest table I enjoy playing on.
But fun and reachability can be had with L-shaped tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deimos
United States
South Lyon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You could always get a croupier stick, or a "war room push stick" as some call them, to reach the minis in the center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
bpray003 wrote:
You could always get a croupier stick, or a "war room push stick" as some call them, to reach the minis in the center.

Tricky moving tiny miniatures, and getting disabled makers on and off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always found the 4 x6 is really the max for a Table Game. The 3x3 seems to work the best for small multiplayer groups unless the scenario has a lot of preplacement of units. I think SJG hit it on the head with the 2x2 mats for 1 vs 1 play. I've also found that the 2x2 mat put on a foam board works well with a Lazy susan under it when space is an issue(can only work from one side of the board)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
Misplaced Buckeye wrote:
I think SJG hit it on the head with the 2x2 mats for 1 vs 1 play.

Yes, the 2x2' and 2'x4' have been working perfectly for 1-on-1 games. And super for conventions where 30" folding tables are common; the 3" safety buffer on each side for elbow room and not knocking minis on the floor works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.