Subject: Concussion grenade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The concussion grenade says to roll 3 red dice regardless of shooting skill.
Do I still roll it as a test with the blue dice included?
Do I make modifications for cover etc. as normal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Brown
United Kingdom
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Go to 4o mins during this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI_nLjvBVMA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes to both questions. You only ignore the characters default shooting skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

In the video they downgrade only two dice, should they not have downgraded all 3? There were 4 monsters in the area, so that modifier alone should be 3 downgrades, or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
Thanks.

In the video they downgrade only two dice, should they not have downgraded all 3? There were 4 monsters in the area, so that modifier alone should be 3 downgrades, or am I missing something?

I’d like to know exactly how grenades work with downgrades/visibility too. From the video, I think you only apply downgrades for characters that obscure (p13) and not for characters in the target area. So only characters in the path of the thrown grenade cause downgrades. That’s why they potentially only apply 2 downgrades in the video (one for Liz and one for Johann).
https://youtu.be/FI_nLjvBVMA

I guess it makes sense narratively that a grenade wouldn’t be downgraded for multiple characters in the target area.

Also one complication to the video mentioned is that there’s also some special effect in play that causes downgrades, but I can’t understand what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giles_t wrote:
dbc- wrote:
Thanks.

I’d like to know exactly how grenades work with downgrades/visibility too. From the video, I think you only apply downgrades for characters that obscure (p13) and not for characters in the target area. So only characters in the path of the thrown grenade cause downgrades. That’s why they potentially only apply 2 downgrades in the video (one for Liz and one for Johann).
https://youtu.be/FI_nLjvBVMA

I guess it makes sense narratively that a grenade wouldn’t be downgraded for multiple characters in the target area.

Also one complication to the video mentioned is that there’s also some special effect in play that causes downgrades, but I can’t understand what it is.

I noticed several instances where they seem to forget upgrades/downgrades during the game.

In this particular situation there is an effect in the room that applies a single downgrade to all tests. I cannot figure out what causes the second downgrade though.
But they do not seem to apply downgrades for enemies in the target space, so you could be correct in regards to grenades! I guess they are all technically the target, so there are no other characters besides the target(s)...
However, since they seem to be making other mistakes in the playthrough, I would very much like to see an official ruling.

I just noticed the FAQ thread an will be reposting the question there, in case this thread gets buried before the designer checks in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.