Subject: XP availability/averages per scenario pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PB Simp
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, hope this is the right forum,

Has any keen player done a breakdown of total available XP per scenario?

I'm trying to think too far ahead in one cycle and want to see if it's even possible that I get the cards I want

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Vansteenkiste
Belgium
Snaaskerke
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the campaign you are playing.

Night of the Zealot and The Dunwich Legacy tend to award less xp. Around 3 to 4 xp per scenario on average I guess.

The Path to Carcosa awards generaly more xp. Around 4-5 xp per scenario.
So far The Forgotten age awards the most xp, if you get to survive that is. Around 6-7 xp per scenario.

These numbers are for more or less succesfull runs of scenarios. And do not take Delve, Obol or other artificial xp boost cards into consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vstene wrote:
And do not take Delve, Obol or other artificial xp boost cards into consideration.

Yeah, those cards and/or Yorick make a big difference. There's also the possibility of trying a standalone in the middle, although you will very rarely get a net profit of more than 1 XP, if that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not aware of a list. It's pretty easy to figure out though, if you've played the scenarios before.

Since many scenarios feature randomized locations, each scenario should have both a 'minimum possible XP' and 'maximum possible XP' value.

But basically, just add the location VP with all the possible enemy VP.

I would not account for cards like Delve too Deep or Bury them Deep in this calculation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Upmann
Germany
Riesenbeck
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Krysmopompas wrote:
Hey all, hope this is the right forum,

Has any keen player done a breakdown of total available XP per scenario?

You made me curious, so I made you a list These could be considered spoilers, but I only list the scenario/interlude names and the maximum number of XP you could get there during a solo playthrough, not counting player cards. If an enemy (like the Ghoul Priest) that awards VP can be defeated only once during a campaign, I counted those VP only for the scenario where the enemy is first encountered.

Here are the results, in separate spoiler tags for each campaign:
Night of the Zealot wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Gathering: 9
The Midnight Masks: 10
The Devourer Below: 12

The Dunwich Legacy wrote:
Extracurricular Activity: 8
The House Always Wins: 6
Armitage's Fate: 2
The Miskatonic Museum: 5
The Essex County Express: 5
Blood on the Altar: 4
The Survivors: 0
Undimensioned and Unseen: 5
Where Doom Awaits: 5
Lost in Time and Space: 8

The Path to Carcosa wrote:
Curtain Call: 8
The Last King: 5
Lunacy's Reward: 0
Echoes of the Past: 4
The Unspeakable Oath: 7*
Lost Soul: 3
A Phantom of Truth: 6
The Pallid Mask: 9
Black Stars Rise: 6
Dim Carcosa: 5

*Spoiler for the resolution of The Unspeakable Oath:
To get the full VP in this scenario, you have to make campaign decisions that net you less VP in total. If you want to maximize your campaign VP, you can get only 6 VP in this scenario.

The Forgotten Age wrote:
The Untamed Wilds: 11
Restless Nights: 2
The Doom of Eztli: 6
Expedition's End: 0
Threads of Fate: 8
The Boundary Beyond: 9*
The Jungle Beckons: 0
Heart of the Elders, Part 1: 7
Heart of the Elders, Part 2: 7
The City of Archives: 12
Those Held Captive: 0
The Depths of Yoth: 13
The Darkness: 2
Shattered Aeons: 14

*Spoiler for the resolution of The Boundary Beyond:
If you get the full VP in The Boundary Beyond, you skip part 1 of Heart of the Elders (and as such get less VP in total).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L R
msg tools
Wow that's awesome, great work.
Was going to say the earlier suggestion seemed a little low for Night of the Zealot. My roommate and I got 7 xp in The Gathering during our last run.

Granted we also play with easy chaos dice and only draw one encounter card for the team since we play the game more like a pulp novel than a true horror game, so that isn't a normal result. But I'd imagine experienced players (i.e. not us) would be able to pull it off with the regular rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
What grabbed my attention was "Depths of Yoth". How is it possible to get that many XP?
(Overall, I was quite satisfied about our results in the various campaigns so far. However, when looking at these numbers I feel not so happy anymore. We're far away from the max. XP...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kendro wrote:
What grabbed my attention was "Depths of Yoth". How is it possible to get that many XP?
(Overall, I was quite satisfied about our results in the various campaigns so far. However, when looking at these numbers I feel not so happy anymore. We're far away from the max. XP...

A lot of the time, in order to get max xp, you have to lose the scenario, although that's not the case for "Depths of Yoth".

Yig is 5xp, each Depth level is 1xp and you can win on Depth level 5 or 6, so you only need 2 more xp from other enemies to hit 12/13 xp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Upmann
Germany
Riesenbeck
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kendro wrote:

You can get 5 XP from Yig, 2 from Eater of the Depths, 1 from Serpent of Yoth and 5 for the Depth Level.

Kendro wrote:
However, when looking at these numbers I feel not so happy anymore. We're far away from the max. XP...

Remember that I listed the max XP, not the average. For many scenarios, it is very hard to nearly impossible to get all XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! I totally missen the 5 XP from that big bad wolf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.