Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Operation Dauntless: The Battles for Fontenay and Rauray, France, June 1944» Forums » Rules

Subject: FF and Zocs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Last
msg tools
I'm a little confused. In the zone of control section of the rules it says that Leg units have to stop when they enter a Ezoc, but un the Play Book, 20.10 Friction Fire it shows a leg unit going from one Ezoc to another? I have tried to find a rule that says that there are exceptions to the Ezoc rule for leg units but could not find any. What am I missing? It seems to me that the Play book is wrong or I missed wher it said a leg unit can take a voluntary step reduction to move through a zone of control. I know they can take a step reduction in a retreat, but could not find where they could during movement.

Thanks in advance. Great game by the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
Leg units have to stop if they enter an enemy ZOC. My guess, without seeing a specific example, is that you are not looking at an exception to the rule but a case in which the leg unit is entering a hex where the enemy does not project a ZOC. ZOCs are not projected into close terrain or stronpoint hexes. A leg unit could move in circles around an enemy unit as long as they stay in heavy bocage for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Post
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
J-1-1. What's your Jonah emergency?
mbmbmbmbmb
There is errata for that example. The infantry should have stopped in the first hex entered. See the errata file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Conde
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is explained in the errata file

Quote:
20.10 (pg 12): The example is confusing because ZOC is ignored. The moving unit should halt in 0904 due to eZOC.

Edit: what he said ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Last
msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.