Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Theriault
United States
Troutdale
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
What do the 1 or 2 pips mean on the dinosaur tiles? So far, I can’t find any reference to these in the rule book.

Thanks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the threat value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Theriault
United States
Troutdale
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, so (second dumb question), the number in the triangle is the excitement level then, right? If so, what is the number in the star? I thought that was the threat level number.

Thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Butler
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number in the star is how many Victory Points it is worth at the end of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Theriault
United States
Troutdale
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you....that makes sense.

Signed,
Idiot Dinosaur Island gamer

Ps you can imagine me thinking the number in the star is the threat level has causes some pretty horrific threat levels.....LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Theriault
United States
Troutdale
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since you guys have cleared the pips thing up for me, would please clarify the ability to upgrade a paddock? The rule book says this is possible but it implies you must have the appropriate lab upgrade tile. What happens if this tile doesn’t come out for several turns? In my first two play throughs, it didn’t come out until around turn 3 or 4 (and only 1 came out so, once I got it, my opponent could get one until another came out). Am I just missing something in the rules?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Butler
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tool bench on every personal board is the spot where you will want to go to upgrade your paddock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTheriault wrote:
Since you guys have cleared the pips thing up for me, would please clarify the ability to upgrade a paddock? The rule book says this is possible but it implies you must have the appropriate lab upgrade tile. What happens if this tile doesn’t come out for several turns? In my first two play throughs, it didn’t come out until around turn 3 or 4 (and only 1 came out so, once I got it, my opponent could get one until another came out). Am I just missing something in the rules?

Thanks...

"Lab upgrade tile" in this instance isn't a tile you grab and place in your lab, but a lab spot you already have called "toolbench" where you can upgrade a tile, i.e. the paddock.

You probably should wait and learn the game with all the components out in front of you. There's a lot of bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Theriault
United States
Troutdale
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks again. I didn’t notice the ability to upgrade a paddock as well as the increase security level tile.

Again, thank you all for clarifying. This is why newbies love BGG.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SLO Knightfall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
croadie77 wrote:
The number in the star is how many Victory Points it is worth at the end of the game!

Just for clarification, the number on the dino tiles is how many Victory Points each created dino on the tile is worth at the end of the game. If there are no created dinos on one when the game ends, then you ignore the number and loose 10 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.