Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it legal to start my Travel phase on a tile that does not contain a helipad, move to another tile that does contain one, discard a gang token and spend the 1 MP and move, up to, the two tiles that the helipad grants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup

You can use the ability anytime during your movement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. We got it right. Thanks for the fast response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pachman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gangs and Helipads: Avoid?
Do you know if you use a gang / helipad to leave an area.. are you able to ignore the police that were on the tile that you left from, or do you still have to take damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bricks718 wrote:
Do you know if you use a gang / helipad to leave an area.. are you able to ignore the police that were on the tile that you left from, or do you still have to take damage?

You must always AVOID the officers when leaving a tile you are on. (Some effects allow you to fly over or crawl under other tiles, but none allow you to ignore officers from the one you're on.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the icon on gang space on the board it distinctly shows that you must BEGIN in a helipad area and move to a hex 1 or 2 spaces away. The great benefit is you can move into the exact location you want on that tile.

You must ALWAYS DEAL WITH THE POLICE ON ANY HEX TILE YOU LEAVE - including any on the helipad tile you leave from.

You may ignore any police on a hex tile you fly over.

The ONLY helicopte movement that is different is the MEDEVAC. It takes you from ANY tile directly to the hospital where your movement ends. You must still deal with any policemen on the tile you leave using medevac.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
codename001 wrote:
There seem to be conflicting replies.
Could we get the official answer on whether you MUST begin in a helipad area or not?

I don't see any conflict. You must be in a tile with a helipad to use the gang's helicopter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry all - I dont get the difference between just going to the Helipad as a standard action, and use the gang helipad action - the movement looks the same to me. What am I missing?

Also - The chopper contact card - does this work the same? How is this different from just moving to the helipad, or using the gang helipad option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
jaffab wrote:
Sorry all - I dont get the difference between just going to the Helipad as a standard action, and use the gang helipad action - the movement looks the same to me. What am I missing?

Also - The chopper contact card - does this work the same? How is this different from just moving to the helipad, or using the gang helipad option?

The difference is spending a gang member at one of many convenient areas, or going to one very specific location to do it for free.
I believe the chopper card lets you use helipads as if you were spending a gang member to do the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - so in a nutshell, if wanting to use the helipad, its one extra MP as you dont have to spend a MP to enter the helipad location, just from anywhere on the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
Thanks - so in a nutshell, if wanting to use the helipad, its one extra MP as you dont have to spend a MP to enter the helipad location, just from anywhere on the tile.

I think you're getting Helipad and Heliport confused.

The Heliport is the little circle location that you need to enter to use the "helicopter" movement. You don't need a card or a gang to use it. Just spend one MP to move into it, then one more MP to be transported to any terrain on any hex up to two hexes away.

A Helipad is a hex that has a red border around it labeled with the letter H. You're allowed to use a gang member or a chopper card from anywhere on these hexes to use the "helicopter" movement. Often these hexes don't even have a Heliport (for example the starting hospital hex is a Helipad hex).

There is a diagram of how to use a heliport on p11 of the rule book. Also, not all hexes with heliports are helipad hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.