The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defeated heroes that carry quest tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas B
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
I ran into a situation where a hero carrying an important token for completing the scenario failed his Last Stand check and fell. Now, I was really close to completing the scenario, and my other hero was really close to his "body" and so could have taken the token and used it for possibly completing the scenario (I'm not 100% sure this would have been enough). According to the rules reference, all cards and tokens are remove,d but it just seems wrong to me, to remove important quest tokens from fallen heroes, when you are given another round to win the scenario.

What are your opinions on this? Have you found anything relating to this in the RR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules reference:

When a hero is defeated, their figure is removed from the map
and they can no longer participate in the adventure.
Any damage cards, fear cards, and tokens that are in the hero’s
play area remain there until the adventure is complete.

Defeated heroes still gain experience and can participate in the
next adventure as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Olson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That does seem like an odd reason to lose a scenario. Were there any scenario specific rules in the app that would tell you how to transfer a quest token if a hero falls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Eckhoff
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it’s kinda odd, but the scenario is lost at the next shadow phase if a hero is defeated, so you probably wouldn’t win the scenario anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falenthal Greenleaf
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a situation where theme should go over written rules.

I mean, if -for example- the winning condition were for any hero to reach a certain spot with a certain token in his possession, and your surviving hero was one space away from that spot, it would make sense that you could take the token from your fallen comrade (consider it one action) and use the move action (second action) to reach the goal.

I'd make it a win if that was the situation.

--> I still don't own the game (it's coming out next week in my country), but is there an action that allows to exchange objects (items, weapons, tokens) between heroes? Haven't seen it in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Eckhoff
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No there isn’t.. I wish there was a trade action because it would be nice to trade trinkets or tokens now and then, so yeah.. odd that they didn’t include that. Hasn’t been a big deal in my games so far, but would have been nice. They could fix this in last stand, where if you fall it says “place any tokens in your space” but yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Andersson
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trinkets can be traded at the campfire between adventures.

Each hero is allows a maximum of 1 trinket at the start of an adventure, but can carry more if obtained during an adventure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.