Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
In my blog post: Friends! Romans! Mountain Climbers! Lend me your -eers! I detail a fix for the small spindle pin for the turntable as well as a solution to keep the mountain walls in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the solution for the slots. My mountain pops off the board at the slightest touch. In the component tips video he kind of down plays the issue, saying it should stay put unless you’re really rough on it. But he’s really wrong about that.

I wish the publisher would take this defect more seriously and print an official version of your black bar fix. Something that looked like the rocky base of the mountain.

Ps Are the inner guide rails necessary? Seems like the outer ones would hold it well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
TimOfLegend wrote:
I like the solution for the slots. My mountain pops off the board at the slightest touch. In the component tips video he kind of down plays the issue, saying it should stay put unless you’re really rough on it. But he’s really wrong about that.

I wish the publisher would take this defect more seriously and print an official version of your black bar fix. Something that looked like the rocky base of the mountain.

Ps Are the inner guide rails necessary? Seems like the outer ones would hold it well enough.

I added the inner because of pressing on on the climbers and pitons... had a lot of shifting that direction too. Might be one or the other would solve, but it was easy enough to reinforce with both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. Pressing in the pegs is definitely where my problems start. I'm going to try the guide rails myself. But first I might try stealing the little cardboard rocks from Colt Express to see if I can make them slightly more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Zill
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the mountain base I made a very quick solution. I added some small self-adhessive transparent dots from a Swedish Company to the Slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In game, how are your "dots" working?

I ask as there are self stick felt protectors - for chair legs on floors etc. These come in tan and white (and black) in a variety of dimensions and shapes including larger rectangles you could cut to desired size.

These are made by Shepard and available on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LHIM wrote:
In game, how are your "dots" working?

I ask as there are self stick felt protectors - for chair legs on floors etc. These come in tan and white (and black) in a variety of dimensions and shapes including larger rectangles you could cut to desired size.

These are made by Shepard and available on Amazon.

It may be dark brown rather than black...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Fernandez Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm dreaming??. Is this real??... We don't have to create a solution. The game would have to come to us perfectly usable. This is amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.