Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: War Touches the Island's Shores - Carryover Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb S

California
msg tools
mb
I didn't see this in the FAQ (https://querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!War+Touches+...), so I thought I'd ask:

For War Touches the Island's Shores, does the damage to the land carry over to the Ravage phase? We drew the Event, and on one board drew a major power with Energy 5 (so 5 Damage), but also had Defend 4, which means 1 Damage went through to the land.

Does that 1 Damage carry over to the Ravage phase, meaning that the Invaders only need to cause 1 Damage (as opposed to the usual 2) in order to Blight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Gaebler
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Damage to the land is not cumulative like it is for everything else. Each time damage is done to the land, a blight is added if 2 or more damage is done. 2 separate instances of 1 damage will not blight the land (although they will destroy a Dahan). On the other hand, 2 separate instances of 2 damage will blight the land twice, probably causing a cascade.

EDIT: This is specified in page 15 of B&C rulebook under "Invaders doing damage multiple times in same land"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Lorkenpoist said. It's quite care for this to matter, and there's no convenient way to track it, so it's not kept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Gaebler
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Since the rulebook entry seems to be specifically about multiple ravages happening in a single turn, could an FAQ entry be added for the event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb S

California
msg tools
mb
Lorkenpeist wrote:
2 separate instances of 1 damage will not blight the land (although they will destroy a Dahan).

...although War Touches doesn't damage the Dahan, right? Just Invaders and the land?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robb8888 wrote:
...although War Touches doesn't damage the Dahan, right? Just Invaders and the land?
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Gaebler
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
robb8888 wrote:
Lorkenpeist wrote:
2 separate instances of 1 damage will not blight the land (although they will destroy a Dahan).

Err, right. I was thinking of the general case and forgot that Dahan aren't damaged in this specific instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.