Subject: Deciding: Basic or Deluxe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently backing at the base game level. It appears that you get all the same game play value in each option (base or deluxe). I can see the dial season card as being useful. However, the rest looks like just upgraded components and touches like that. And, there's nothing wrong with that, but, space, time, and money is eventually limited, so I pick my indulgences.

I'm wondering who is staying at the base level, and what you're thinking. I think I might not play this game a whole bunch - Champions of Midgard has my top attention for worker / dice placement games. And, I don't think I need extra nice components just to bling out Nocturion.

Anyone else?
Also, does someone know what the shipping increase is for the deluxe, shipped to USA?
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to seeing what people think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vesuvius Media
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello John,

regarding the shipping cost, please note that the $10-$12 shipping cost was an US estimate for the basic edition of the game and not the deluxe (which is stated in the shipping section of the campaign).

There was no way to calculate final weight and shipping costs of the Deluxe Edition when we kept upgrading components adding more plastic and metal. The metal coins alone increase the weight of the game a lot.

If you check the shipping prices for the "Standard Edition" you will see that they fit exactly into the estimates that we provided.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response.
I ship for as part of my day job, so I know the behind the scenes. I accept that the shipping rates are realistic. No problem.
I was more analyzing the deluxe upgrade value. If game play value is the same, I might just go with base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.