United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys....

Playing this for the first time tomorrow, and this rulebook isnt clear (to me) on something....

the rulebook states:

"When a player buys a share from the company holdings, she pays the money to the bank. Afterwards, the bank pays the company the fixed issue price of that company...."

Ok, got it. But what happens when the player buys a share from the bank instead of the company? Does the bank STILL pay the company the fixed price?

I would think it HAS to, but its so oddly worded that by the rules, it doesnt seem like it.

thx in advance all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
Ok, got it. But what happens when the player buys a share from the bank instead of the company? Does the bank STILL pay the company the fixed price?

Nope. The bank only pays the company once for each share.

You could say that at the start of the game shares are owned by the company. If you buy a share, you effectively pay the company (via the bank). If you sell a share, you get money from the bank, so if you (re)buy a share from the bank, you only pay to the bank. The bank doesn't pay the company again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Roel. I actually just read the rules again and came to that same conclusion, and was coming here to correct myself.

thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.