Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: How many scenarios are there? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
s k
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wandering how many scenarios there are in the Kickstarter edition, the Kickstarter page mentions a total of 14 if you count the stretch goals, but I don't see that many in the box, am I missing something?
Edit: assuming scenarios and case files are the same thing..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there’s only 9 full cases and the build your own case system.

EDIT:
In the files section there's a breakdown of everything in the box. There's 8 set case files and the BPRD system.

The KS page lists the box full of evil having 4 total (2 and 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Karpowitz
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it’s 14 once the second wave ships? Not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, I think the Case Files & Confrontations were treated and talked about as separate things during the Kickstarter, so it could well be that when counted in total they equal 14, but when thought of as a "full scenario" they are are less.

That may be wild speculation and poor memory on my part though!

Additionally, without seeing where you see that 14 referenced on the KS page, could it be they were talking about the Box of Evil expansions also contributing to that number? (but we've only received the Wave 1 so far, so approximately only half the content).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s k
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've chosen the basic pledge so no second wave for me.
All 14 scenarios/case files mention bosses included in the base box, so my guess is they should be in there. Some of the bosses get "alternate" scenarios, meaning two for the same boss, at least that's what I get from what's written on the Kickstarter page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh1 wrote:
I've chosen the basic pledge so no second wave for me.
All 14 scenarios/case files mention bosses included in the base box, so my guess is they should be in there. Some of the bosses get "alternate" scenarios, meaning two for the same boss, at least that's what I get from what's written on the Kickstarter page.

It's actually changed a bit since the campaign. The extra bosses only have "confrontations" that you can use with any of the existing cases, but they don't have explicit cases all to their own. You'd be most likely using the BPRD expansion with those.

The didn't seem to have their terminology nailed down yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris C
msg tools
mbmb
I think they had it pretty nailed down as some stretch goals clearly state confrontation and others say scenarios, and the scenario ones show case file card images on the stretch goal image. I think the ball was dropped on making the stretch goal scenarios and they changed it to confrontations without telling people. Image shows a stretch goal shows confrontation and lower down the other shows scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a bit of confusion during the campaign - the Mantic folks were using the term "Scenario" and "Confrontation" fairly interchangeably, probably because there was so much activity on the Kickstarter and they were rushing like mad to get everything done!

I talked about it in a fair bit of detail in a blog post a while ago - here's the link. Hope that clears things up!

https://www.needycatgames.com/blog/2018/10/5/design-diary-a-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.