3 Posts

Unstable Unicorns» Forums » General

Subject: What's the best way to play with all of the expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game, the nsfw, rainbow apocalypse, dragons, and legends expansions.

I want to combine all of them into one massive deck. If the base box could fit everything then I wouldn't be opposed to it but as it can only fit 2/4 expansions, then I'm thinking I should remove all of the duplicate cards.

What are people's thoughts on having just 1 of each card in the deck?

At the very least, I don't think I need all of the duplicate baby and basic unicorns, and I'm wondering if I should remove some of the neighs as well.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up doing the following and it just barely fits in the box and can close. This roughly doubled the number of cards in play.

I kept 16 babies, these aren't used that often but if the stars aligned, I calculated I would need 30, so 16 was a good compromise, and I kept 1 of each unique baby.

I kept 43 basic unicorns, this includes 2 of each basic and the narwhal. This is double the number of basic in the base game to go along with the overall doubling of the number of cards.

I kept 28 neighs, 2 of each special plus the super neigh and the remainder as plain neighs. The base deck has 15 neighs (including the super) so 28 keeps the theme of doubling everything, and based on my other card counts gives me an even number instead of odd so I can have the same number of cards in each side of the box; OCD! I may adjust this however if 28 becomes too overpowering.

I kept no more than 2 of each magic and upgrade cards, and only 1 of each downgrade card. This means I ended up getting rid of 10 magic and 2 upgrade cards that were in triplicate, and 7 downgrades that were in duplicate. I think it brings better balance to the game if there are no more than 2 of each card in the game. As the base deck only has 1 of each downgrade, I wanted my combined deck to be the same; keeping all of the downgrade cards would have tripled the number which I think would have been too much.

I kept 1 of each magic unicorn. The Apocalypse pack had 7 magic unicorns in triplicate that already exist in the base deck, so I took them out so there would only be 1 of each magic unicorn. I see that the developers did this because this expansion comes with magic cards that cause you to gain one of these 7 unicorns, but I still prefer having only 1 of each magic unicorn card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't recommend removing duplicates as it will change the balance of the card types a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.