Nikola Statkov
Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia City Province
flag msg tools
Is it a good idea to make videos that showcase my game and add links to the videos in my sellsheet and rulebook?

I want to make one play-through video of a whole game being played and one video where I show different strategic moves and tactical aspects of the game, which should show in detail the worth of the game.

My game is a grid-movement based abstract strategy & there is no hidden information and it is easy to understand what is happening on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Statkov
Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia City Province
flag msg tools
any advice here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are providing the videos make a publisher interested in the game, keep the videos short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Church
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emike wrote:
If you are providing the videos make a publisher interested in the game, keep the videos short.

I think this is a good idea and was going to suggest this too. The 2019 BDGL design contest I believe includes a requirement for both a sell sheet and a brief overview video, 3 minutes I think. A full play-through video may be something that they want later (for example, if you can't show them in person at a convention).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.