Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Conan Campaign 2020? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie here (as indicated by complete lack of any swag), this is my first post after lurking around the community for awhile ninja.

If Monolith does run another Conan campaign in 2020, how likely do you think it will be that the original Kickstarter exclusives and expansions will be available again along with whatever new content is revealed?

I just played my first couple games of retail Conan and I love it! I wasn't even aware of the game’s existence or the Kickstarter campaign until last month (I'm just getting back into board gaming). I'm now debating if I should just wait and see what happens in 2020 and go all in then, or invest time and money in getting some of the Kickstarter exclusives secondhand like the campaign book and expansions (I know the main expansions are retail but Nordheim is difficult to find).

I realize that this question is very hypothetical, but having zero experience with Kickstarter or the way campaigns are run, I'm just curious what your thoughts are on the possibility of getting that original content again.

Thanks for any thoughts!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily for your wallet, a lot of the bonus material isn't featured in many scenarios. Head over to the Overlord.net and check out some of the many extra fan-made scenarios; this might help you guide your purchasing if you do want to get more of the fun stuff

Can't answer your main question: If any original content will be in the 2020 KS campaign. I hope so!

And here's hoping you find Nordheim! (Check eBay and Amazon often -- prices are usually reasonable)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some copies of Nordheim on the BGG marketplace too whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt John
msg tools
publisher
mb
Hi Ryan, the most bang for your buck is the King's Pledge which includes all the stretch goals. That will allow you to play tons of scenarios as well as most of the scenarios in the soon-to-be-released Conan Monolith Sourcebook. We haven't decided what exactly we will re-offer in the next Kickstarter(s) but the Kings Pledge, imo, is the best thing to have.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a copy of Nordheim at this game store:

http://www.wiiplaygameslv.com/products/search?q=nordheim&c=1

I am not sure about the store itself, but figured if you were serious about the expansion that it might be worth contacting/checking out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Sutherland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Matt, Could you confirm for me that there is going to be a Monolith 2020 Kickstarter for the Conan game. I keep seeing reports that the license has gone over to Shinobi 7. Like the OP I missed the original campaign and am wondering whether to invest in existing material on ebay (at high prices!) or wait for the new Monolith KS campaign, if there is going to be one. Is there also a definitive list of material for this game anywhere? I came across floorpan tiles the other day which weren't part of the original KS, and don't seem to show on the Monolith website. Being a completist it would be great to know what exactly is available. Thanks for your help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt John
msg tools
publisher
mb
Hi Clive, Monolith is planning to produce more content for Conan in the near future. Shinobi has a license and so do we. We don't see this as competion and we're all friendly with one another and with Cabinet (The Conan IP holders).The only details I can divulge about licensing is that our Kickstarter campaigns can't be running/live at the same time. I also cant confirm an exact time for this KS nor what it will include, only that we are planning one. If you want to see all the Conan material we produced have a look at the old KS project page
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses everyone, and for pointing out an available Nordheim! The content on the Overlord looks great, and should help tide me over until a complete King's Pledge on Ebay or BGG Market is within my budget. Matt's comments have me hopeful for the next Kickstarter .
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Waves broke in swift lines on the beach, and she walked over the sand toward her friends, in the wind, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
loerzilla wrote:
Newbie here (as indicated by complete lack of any swag), this is my first post after lurking around the community for awhile ninja.

If Monolith does run another Conan campaign in 2020, how likely do you think it will be that the original Kickstarter exclusives and expansions will be available again along with whatever new content is revealed?

I just played my first couple games of retail Conan and I love it! I wasn't even aware of the game’s existence or the Kickstarter campaign until last month (I'm just getting back into board gaming). I'm now debating if I should just wait and see what happens in 2020 and go all in then, or invest time and money in getting some of the Kickstarter exclusives secondhand like the campaign book and expansions (I know the main expansions are retail but Nordheim is difficult to find).

I realize that this question is very hypothetical, but having zero experience with Kickstarter or the way campaigns are run, I'm just curious what your thoughts are on the possibility of getting that original content again.

Thanks for any thoughts!


you're 8 months from a 5 year badge, time for an avatar!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anatana wrote:
loerzilla wrote:
Newbie here (as indicated by complete lack of any swag), this is my first post after lurking around the community for awhile ninja.

If Monolith does run another Conan campaign in 2020, how likely do you think it will be that the original Kickstarter exclusives and expansions will be available again along with whatever new content is revealed?

I just played my first couple games of retail Conan and I love it! I wasn't even aware of the game’s existence or the Kickstarter campaign until last month (I'm just getting back into board gaming). I'm now debating if I should just wait and see what happens in 2020 and go all in then, or invest time and money in getting some of the Kickstarter exclusives secondhand like the campaign book and expansions (I know the main expansions are retail but Nordheim is difficult to find).

I realize that this question is very hypothetical, but having zero experience with Kickstarter or the way campaigns are run, I'm just curious what your thoughts are on the possibility of getting that original content again.

Thanks for any thoughts!


you're 8 months from a 5 year badge, time for an avatar!


True! When I went to sign up a few months back I was surprised to find I had already created (and forgotten about) an account in 2014.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
As someone who owns all of the Conan stuff, I do hope they make the exclusives available for everyone. The exclusive stuff that was made for the game is awesome and it shouldn't be lost to time. More people should be able to enjoy it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aga marlon
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Monolith Matt wrote:
Hi Ryan, the most bang for your buck is the King's Pledge which includes all the stretch goals. That will allow you to play tons of scenarios as well as most of the scenarios in the soon-to-be-released Conan Monolith Sourcebook. We haven't decided what exactly we will re-offer in the next Kickstarter(s) but the Kings Pledge, imo, is the best thing to have.


Is there a possibility for retail edition owners to get the kickstarter contents? Love the game and really feel missing out a lot of stuff
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.