Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After two campaigns with Bf110 and Ju88 I chose this time the Do215/217. And this time it was a hell of a ride, constantly summing up kills. After breaking a threshold the career of this fine pilot was a very constant rise, with the late Do217 and its Schräge Musik with 5 ammunition Bomber Streams were kind of ... a shark swimming in a pool of helpless fish.

Anyways it even accelerated a lot when he got into the He219, this time I chose the A7/R2 variant. Smaller amount of ammunition but the 28 strength is almost always a sure kill ("DE") even from long range.

Most important skills were Schräge Musik Gunnery, Bomber Stream and Landing, with my Funker taking Weapon and Electronics Maintance as well as Radar Operator. Late I also got A.C.M. which helped somehow against those nasty Mosquito NF late in the war.

Anyways I was lucky that this time my pilot only got wounded once and I did not role my typical "crew injury --> headshot" result. Oh well, at least not for my pilot. My Funker was killed in that way only a dozen sorties away from also surviving the war. This moment really hit my heart and ... well, you can see it even in the results after that shock. My pilot obviously also was in grief.

Here is the whole career:

Circles = shot down
Dashed Circles = crash while returning and observed

Small letters = kill type
DE = DE-Result on Card
BB = fatal hit in bomb bay
FT = fatal hit in fuel tank
WC = wing cut

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya,

That is quite the career, I wouldn't have thought it possible. Highest score I've ever heard of. Congrats!

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, First time, I did not suffer an early pilot KIA result ^•^ I was surprised that all bad roles always came as electronic failure roles which never were a problem because my Funker survived most of the game with his maintenance skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Konwacht,

Well I can assure you that score may never be matched again in the game. I did design it so that a very lucky and skilled player could match Schnaufer's 121 victories. Obviously I am a bit disappointed you were able to so easily beat his score, but I am happy for you

In fact, out of ALL of the careers reported online and in tournaments so far, I have not ever seen anybody legitimately above 100. So, quite impressive sir!

Cheers, Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, now I am impressed. Yeah, it felt very lucky this time and I was also wondering that my pilot could regularly sum up 5 kills per sortie, but it was quiet easy in the He219, that beast of a nightfighter. First three attacks were always with Schräge Musik (most times one aborted and one with a half dead bomber and one instant kill with fuel tank hit and 8+ as a result), thereafter attacks with front guns and this hell of 28 points damage, which results so often in a "DE" result. Most times the bombers did not even return fire because there was no second attack needed. But for sure having an early lucky streak with then "bomber stream skill" and "A.C.M." was an awesome combination. After a career with 42 kills and one desastrous with 7 kills I felt very satisfied but after passing the 100 also scared. I always waited again for a nasty hit pattern on my nightfighter by bomber defense. But I was really lucky that most times only wings and airframe were hit or an engine, but losing 3 speed on the He219 is luckily not that big deal.

But even more I had to swallow hard when my Funker was killed after so many sorties in this group together. I really think my alter ego of Pilot had a hard time after it, because you can see the clear decline in kills after that :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel your pain. My first pilot went into a slump when his funker was killed at the 20 victory mark. And then his replacement was badly wounded, and had a long stint in the hospital (never did return to duty with my pilot)..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Petraska
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fantastic! Higher than I ever thought possible, and well earned after your earlier efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess "weapon maintenance" is also a critical skill. I cannot say how often I rolled a "weapon jam" result, in almost each sortie once or twice. Being able to ignore the first such in a sortie is IMO crucial, even more than the "electronics maintenance".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.