Ian Doyle
msg tools
Hello Folks

I hope you are all well and in good form. Long time lurcker first time poster.

I have Ticket to Ride Germany and am looking to find out if I can use it for the India & Switzerland Map.

Have a good one.
Cheers Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Konigsberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Irish Pagan wrote:
Hello Folks

I have Ticket to Ride Germany and am looking to find out if I can use it for the India & Switzerland Map.

Have a good one.
Cheers Ian

Welcome, Ian!

Both sets have the same number of train cards. While they don't have the same number of trains, that's fine, because Switzerland only needs 40 trains per player, which Germany provides. However, if you wanted to play India, I think you would want five more trains per player. You can probably deal with that by recycling five train cars per player.

Here are my references:
https://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/germany/
https://ncdn0.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/img/tt_rules_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Konigsberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a way you could do that:

Give every player five pennies or other small markers to accompany their forty cars.

After a while, when you have built some segments that require more than two cars, remove a car from a segment and put a marker in the box. Make sure to remove one from a segment where it remains obvious that you've completed it even with one car removed. Dunno, I'm just thinking on my feet.

But since this only applies to India, and Switzerland is a stellar game, I wouldn't even worry about it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Irish Pagan wrote:
Hello Folks

Have a good one.
Cheers Ian

Disregard previous answers. The games are fully compatible. The train card deck of Germany is exactly the same as in the recommended Original or Europe versions. (Märklin had another type, but that is not relevant in your situation.) The plastic train pieces need to be 45 in each colour for playing India. If your copy of Germany is complete, you should have those.

By the way, Ticket to Ride: Germany is compatible with all expansions except for the Old West side of the France/Old West expansion. (With Germany as the base game only five player can take part in Old West, in stead of 6 if using Original or Europe.)

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Konigsberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sven, I took my answer from a Germany rule ook which indicates it has fewer trains per player, where am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rkonigsberg wrote:
Sven, I took my answer from a Germany rule ook which indicates it has fewer trains per player, where am I wrong?

Interesting. What rule book is that? Both the German and English rules at the Days of Wonder website claim that there are (at least) 45 trains per colour in Ticket to Ride: Germany. Did you get other wordings in your copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Konigsberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My goodness, I completely misread that.

Sven, you are right. I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Doyle
msg tools
Thanks everyone for your answers. My copy arrived on Friday and will hopefully get to the table at the weekend.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.