Subject: Tried out Scenario #1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I just tried out Scenario 1 (solo) and I think I got most of it right. Since it's a pretty basic scenario there didn't seem to be too much interesting stuff going on - the US Bombers move off the right of the map, the Japanese fighters try to attack them.

The US bombers managed to move off the right map edge mostly unscathed, with only one squadron taking a loss and a straggler.

The fighters came off a bit worse for wear, with two Disrupted and with Depleted ammo, and one at low (only because it was the Green squadron that was broken as it attempted to attack one of the bomber squadrons). The Ki-61s made the slightly disastrous decision to do a Turn Attack which is a Very Bad Idea against a heavy bomber squadron and took two losses as the bombers left the field.

Net result - US at 18 VP (three squadrons left the map, three enemy fightes shot down, only one bomber lost), so it was US Victory!

One thing I wasn't sure of - what happens when the bombers leave the map? The fighters were still engaged with them (in the same square), do the bomber move off the map and the engaged fighters just leave with them? That's what I assumed happened, but is that right?

Pics:
Board - https://imgur.com/zaBbiuS
Final Wing Display - https://imgur.com/iA879WH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
A bomber, tallied or not, moves before the fighters with the tally and so, for the game purposes, is out of sight when exited the map. The map is finished, and the pursuit too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes, that part I'm OK with, I'm wondering more about what happens to the fighters - I had fighter squadrons in each of the bomber squadron squares, so when the bomber leaves first does the fighter in its square also have to leave with it or does it have the option of flipping around and heading back to attack another bomber squadron still on the map (or doing something else)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDG_ wrote:
Yes, that part I'm OK with, I'm wondering more about what happens to the fighters - I had fighter squadrons in each of the bomber squadron squares, so when the bomber leaves first does the fighter in its square also have to leave with it or does it have the option of flipping around and heading back to attack another bomber squadron still on the map (or doing something else)?

A fighter squadron must have a tally to attack, and a fighter squadron with a tally can move freely (i.e., it need not attack its tallied target if you don't want it to, or even move toward it).

In your example, the fighter squadron can:

1. Keep its tally on the bomber squadron it attacked in the previous turn. The bomber moves, then the fighter moves and can attack it again -- or not, at your option.

2. In the Tally Phase, drop the tally and try to tally another target. If successful, the fighter squadron moves after its tallied target as in #1.

3. Drop the tally and not attempt a new tally (or fail to get a tally in #2). Then the fighter squadron reverts to the behavior of its mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See 7.2.2:
Tallies are retained until:
(1) The target squadron is removed from the map.

If a squadron’s tally is lost or dropped, remove the Tally marker from the map. The squadron immediately reverts to its mission behaviour (sweep or intercept [9.2.3, 9.2.4]). If the tally is lost in the Movement Phase before the squadron can move, it moves in step 5 of the move order [6.1].

You'll likely be reading 9.2.4 because I assume the fighters are on intercept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I responded on the GMT facebook, where you posted the same question. My replay was:

When the bombers leave the map all tallies are removed from them [7.2.2] so it’s up to the player controlling those fighters what he wants to do with them. As they started the Movement Phase in the same square as the bombers they get a free move in that Movement Phase [9.2.7 (b)].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
>My replay was...

I see what you did there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.