Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Incorrect character sheet in Tinkerer box & miscast Mindthief model rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I have been playing with her copy of the recent printing of Gloomhaven, and we've run into a couple of issues.

1. The Character sheet pad in the Tinkerer's box is actually the pad for a different (unlockable) class. So not only do we not have Tinkerer character sheets, but it has slightly spoiled one of the unlockable characters for us. Is this a print-wide issue or something unique to our set?

2. The Mindthief's model appears to be miscast—he is leaning backwards instead of standing straight up. Again, is this unique to our set or has this issue been seen elsewhere?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Scoundrel was leaning comically back. After two days in a vice with minor adjustments every couple of hours, she was righted.

As for the locked class's pad, I'd recommend getting the wife or somebody not into the game to check out that class box for you. It might just be swapped.

Thematically, maybe your Mindthief has some sort of prior life memories of that class...shrug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
That happened to me as well. I got the two-mini pad instead of the Tinkerer. I didn’t ever bother to submit a request for parts, but I probably should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We checked, the other class has the correct character sheets, so we have two sets of character sheets for that class and none for the Tinkerer. I mean, I know we can print the correct Tinkerer ones, so it's not a big deal in that sense, but it seems quite a major mistake for a game like this where the other classes are meant to be secret until unlocked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both issues easily fixed.

The files section has all character sheets. One file for unlocked and one for locked classes. It is an early file, so I would start looking from the back as there are a TON of files. The file is set up so you can avoid spoilers.

I would use the hot water cure on the mini. Just immerse it in very hot water for about a minute and it can then been bent to shape. Then set it into cold water. This is a common problem with minis and easily corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poptasticboy wrote:
We checked, the other class has the correct character sheets, so we have two sets of character sheets for that class and none for the Tinkerer. I mean, I know we can print the correct Tinkerer ones, so it's not a big deal in that sense, but it seems quite a major mistake for a game like this where the other classes are meant to be secret until unlocked

I think with hundred of thousands of copies, a small production mistake like this is bound to occur once in a while. I certainly agree that it is annoying when it happens to you, but if you consider the scope of the production process for this game, it seems amazing that this isn't happening a lot more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your mindthief will have an advantage in the limbo contest that is unlocked in a certain scenario. fun times!

As for the two-mini class being "spoiled" by seeing the character sheet.
I'd say "meh" to that. Sure, you see the character class name, but it doesn't really tell you all that much info about the character, and the perk listing doesn't really reveal anything in particular.

two-mini discussion:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So it is called a Beast Tyrant. does that mean the character itself is a beast and/or a tyrant? who knows!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Our scoundrel was also leaning waaaaay back, we just bough she was drunk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.