Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone thought of a potential solo version of this cure wee roll’n’write?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Byers
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I don’t understand... couldn’t you just play the game and try to beat your high score? I played through solo a couple times to learn the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There’s an official solo variant that is supposed to ship to those who preordered the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karanaida Alban

Warsaw
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmb
You’re right, it was supposed to, but it didn’t. An email came when the game shipped saying the solo pad along with the stamps were not ready so they were going to ship them later, but it’s been months and nothing. I even emailed them and asked if they had an idea when they were shipping and they replied with an email that basically made no sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The email I received was that the solo variant would be available through their shop at some stage soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Hon
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clive Staples wrote:
I don’t understand... couldn’t you just play the game and try to beat your high score? I played through solo a couple times to learn the game.

Yes, I have tried that as well. On the other hand, if one is just trying to beat one's high score (using the standard rule), is there any reason not to always build all the buildings before rescuing any animals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Byers
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
kennethhon wrote:
Clive Staples wrote:

Yes, I have tried that as well. On the other hand, if one is just trying to beat one's high score (using the standard rule), is there any reason not to always build all the buildings before rescuing any animals?

Ah, good point. The more I play with two players the more I'm aware of the tension of not knowing when the other player will finish.

Out of curiosity, would creating all the buildings first get you the most points every time? Mathematically, is it always worth taking up those spaces with buildings instead of, say, cows?

Now that you mention it... you could just wait to roll all cows while playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Simionato
Italy
torviscosa
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clive Staples wrote:

Really? So once I've done a perfect game, I don't have a good reason to play it again? And victory conditions change depending on the ability of different players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main trigger for multiplayer end game is when someone has completed one of a variety of parameters. There is no pressure on doing this currently if you were to play it solo. Most other solo roll and writes I’ve played have a pressure of time/rounds laid down to give a simulation of a game with real opponents. As I said, I’ve received an email saying that it will be available later in the year, and I look forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Liebl
Germany
Altenburg
Thueringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So today I have received the stamps and the solo mode score pad. But I don`t know how to use it. Do I have this understand correctly the solo mode rules are available later this year? So I have the score pad for solo but still no rules...wtf...??? Who said where and when the solo mode will be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck B
France
Cormeilles en parisis
val d'oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
see it like a gift in 2 waves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanghis Khan
msg tools
I received my stamps and solo score pad yesterday. No solo instructions or rules in the game box, or with the solo score pad I just received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...can't recall if I order this separately or not - will have a look

OK

I ordered Rolling Ranch + Free Stamps and Solo Mode x1

presumably things will arrive in due course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuan Vinh
Japan
Nanto
Toyama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my stamps and scorepad a few days ago as well. Hoping the solo rules will be available soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmb
Aha, this makes more sense now. I received my package but had no idea there was a solo mode coming. So it was some stamps and a mysterious pad with no instructions. Nice to know I'm not missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
Thundergryph Games will apparently be sending out the solo rules this week: https://twitter.com/tgryphgames/status/1147165588625788928
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierpaolo Paoletti
Italy
gorizia
GO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxl4eheia5933si/rr_rulebook_solo_e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I bought the game and solo pad at GenCon and just realized that there were no rules for solo play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls