Subject: Weakness between adventures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The rules reference indicates that you return weakness cards to the supply but do you draw a new one for the next adventure in the campaign? I can’t find anywhere in the rules that says you do that except for initial setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do add a Weakness card. Check the Rules Reference, Page 5, Setup, Continuing a Campaign, Item 4, last bullet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you always draw 1 weakness card at the start of every adventure.

Page 5 of Rules Reference: Continuing A Campaign.

Item 4 Gather Skill Cards
one weakness card from the top of the weakness deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
The rules reference indicates that you return weakness cards to the supply but do you draw a new one for the next adventure in the campaign? I can’t find anywhere in the rules that says you do that except for initial setup.

In continue campaign in the Rules reference it mentions adding one to your deck again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you all so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Thank you all so much.

Glad to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason why I should bother to discard and replace the weakness for now? I figure until I encounter some in app or card effect that triggers based on weakness name, I can just keep the same weakness card in each character’s pack of cards. (All things equal, I like my Aragorn being Watched and Gimli being sometimes Arrogant.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Petilli
msg tools
mbmb
timbur wrote:
Is there any reason why I should bother to discard and replace the weakness for now? I figure until I encounter some in app or card effect that triggers based on weakness name, I can just keep the same weakness card in each character’s pack of cards. (All things equal, I like my Aragorn being Watched and Gimli being sometimes Arrogant.)
The weakness isn't redrawn until after you scout for the first time at the start of an adventure so technically it makes a difference then as it's impossible to draw the weakness and you therefore have more options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Reshyk wrote:
timbur wrote:
The weakness isn't redrawn until after you scout for the first time at the start of an adventure so technically it makes a difference then as it's impossible to draw the weakness and you therefore have more options.

How do you come to that interpretation. The players don't embark (start the adventure and thus scour for the first time) until after they have built their decks. It's in the sequence of play in the RRG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get more weakness cards durin the adventuring. So you actually reset this way the amount to one at the Beginning of new adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You reset, but you add your weakness prior to embarking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reshyk wrote:
timbur wrote:

I think this is incorrect. Were you taught this by someone else playing the game, or did you interpret a rule this way yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGame Goalie
msg tools
timbur wrote:

I think you're fine doing that for now. There really is no reason to remove it if you're going to be using the same decks and what not.

I personally put all the cards back into an organized manor so that if I want to start a new game, or play another save with someone, I just build the decks and don't have to deconstruct them before doing so.

But if you keep your decks all together because you've only got one campaign going, then I see no reason right now to not just keep it in. Like you said - there's no real reason to until they introduce things that trigger off certain weaknesses or have someone take a specific one to start a scenario with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Bird
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I leave my weakness in too, just make sure you don't forget to remove any extra weaknesses you gained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowan Massing
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reshyk wrote:
timbur wrote:

Although it's been pointed out that the weakness card is drawn before your first scouting action, I only wanted to mention that I found your idea enlightening (the possibility for more options when no weakness is drawn during a scout) because I thought it was good to draw weaknesses during scouting because you can bury them and know they won't show up on your next test. That shows the depth of the very cool scout mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bilestoad17 wrote:
Reshyk wrote:
timbur wrote:

Although it's been pointed out that the weakness card is drawn before your first scouting action, I only wanted to mention that I found your idea enlightening (the possibility for more options when no weakness is drawn during a scout) because I thought it was good to draw weaknesses during scouting because you can bury them and know they won't show up on your next test. That shows the depth of the very cool scout mechanic.

I often take it even further and choose the weakness to prepare to get it out of the deck for potentially the entire scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.