Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey LeClair
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I get a Venom promo card from? Is there an expansion pack that has this card?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

Just now is available into an add-on promo set in the Oceans Kickstarter Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zerth
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
It is I.
badge
The blade will not exist if it is taken from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, if you are not a backer for Oceans, check out the currently running Secret Cabal Kickstarter. If you back with $1, you will be able to add the Venom trait cards in the pledge manager after the campaign finishes. If you don't back Oceans, this is your best chance to get this promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brevity exceeds allocated space
mbmbmbmbmb
You can back Oceans for $1 and buy just the Evolution add-ones, all of them, and they’re foiled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zerth
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
It is I.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keithustus wrote:
You can back Oceans for $1 and buy just the Evolution add-ones, all of them, and they’re foiled.

I think Nick wrote that it is not allowed. You have to back Oceans to get any add-ons in that campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm....it looks like there is indeed not a $1 backer tier. So the choices are:

- Oceans standard ($45) and then add Promo Pack 1 ($12). So for $57 plus shipping you’d get the next Evolution-style game, all of its promo content, plus four other Evolution promo cards, and your Venom card.

- Secret Cabal add-on only ($1) and the legacy promo pack ($45). So for $46 plus shipping you’d get Venom and a bunch of promo materials to games you probably don’t have. I asked Secret Cabal about breaking up those promo packs:

Quote:
the promos are not available individually via this campaign. It is difficult and more expensive to manage inventory and fulfillment when all the promos are split apart. For the purposes of this campaign, the full promo pack is the way to get them.

- BGG Marketplace or EBay. Buy Venom directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zerth
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
It is I.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. Thanks for looking into this! In that case, I misinterpreted the text in their KS page and frankly, the Cabal can kiss my a**. Foiled Venom card it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
What the Venom ability do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Keithustus wrote:

Thanks!

Just to clarify, this means that a species with Venom can only attack once per turn? Meaning that it'll go hungry up until 1 population?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lennon
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
hippotatochipmunkeez
mbmbmbmbmb
No - because the predator gets food equal to the size of its prey. So a population of 6 could be completely fed if it attacks a species of size 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
more ON
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And it can also get food from scavenger or carnivore/cooperation, scavenger/cooperation.

It also doesn't have to be a carnivore, since venom only restricts attacks, if it is for some reason on a non-carnivore then it can feed as much as necessary (while food is available).

And if we're doing other promos, insectivore also creates meat food.

Evolution: Climate can keep some unfed population alive with hibernation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.