Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i am planning to buy this game but my question is If i have to buy 1 or 2 games for 3-4 players? any scenario that requires more birds than the base box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3-4 players requires two sets. Included scenarios, as far as I know, are two-player only. You can build your own scenarios, though, if you want to play with more people. You'll want to have a large playing surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
In my opinion, more players works better with m&m figures. Of course you won't get more birds, but you get lots of unique figures instead of duplicates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You find a discussion about this here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1866622/double-tail-feather...

I find the Mice & Mystics figures more important than a 2nd copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The M&M figures do add a lot, and I agree with the emerging consensus to add them before adding a second copy of Tail Feathers. That said, I think two sets lets you put more "bling" on the table, especially if the birds are painted in different schemes. For example Aerijin, the blue jay on the box cover, makes a beautiful cardinal as well as a blue jay if you have a second copy to paint up.

If you favour a FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store), then do what your budget allows through them.

Otherwise, consider perusing the BGG marketplace for used copies. There are usually used sets there at a good price. I purchased two core sets direct from Plaid Hat when it released, then added a third set about a year ago via the marketplace. I have my birds painted from two sets, and am working through the pilots and ground forces now. I'm slow to get at it, but my twin boys are seven now, and love games, so I am getting more diligent at getting it painted now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes you can buy the MM models only from Plaid Hat. That would be worth looking into. I've bought a few sets off them this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sanchez
United States
Mechanicville
NY
flag msg tools
I highly recommend 2 sets if your budget allows. The addition of more birds and rookie pilots really adds a lot to the game. We just played the Four Captains downloadable scenario which uses the 2 sets and it was a blast. I think 3 on 3 birds is the way to play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On amazon.co.uk the game can be bought for £19.99. With shipping to the continent it´s still under 30 Euro. At this price I am tempted....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.