16 Posts

Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Miniatures, Scenery and Stuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M P
msg tools
Hey everybody,
There is a serious lack of painted miniatures. Please don't be shy and post all your cool stuff.

Here is my test Frog Monster:

I am not sure, if the frog is moist enough or should I add a gloss varnish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah! Don’t worry there’s many people that don’t have the game! I’ll be blogging about my painting when I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricktor Black
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also notoriously slow with painting (partially because of lack of time) and I just got my game on Thursday. It will be quite a while I have figures to post. But I will definitely post them up when they are done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruger
Germany
Borken
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
RE:
My finished Miniatures so far:

I hope you like them laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
@Jason Kruger looks good.

I have to get a light box.

I missed out on the 3d scenery, so I take what I have from Hero Quest until terraincrate2 gets to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virtually Jason
msg tools
mb
@DevaMehlindi How did you paint the leather on Lobster, it looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Pfeifer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb

This is what I have so far. I used different green hues on the frog monsters: the changing ones in sickly green, and three each of the other types with a different hue of more substantial green.

Working on the Nazi minions now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
Woa your Giant Frog Monster is great. (Why didn't you try to correct the base, or is it not that bad in reality? But it does Not matter)

Hellboys coat could use some matt varnish or antishine against the gloss.
The gloss on the frogs is nice. I am thinking about adding it to mine.

Interresting approach at the transforming frog, I like it.

Keep it going
(Jetzt die Nazis)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Pfeifer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use Army Painter Aegis Suit varnish, that tends to be a bit glossy, but I don't mind.

On the other hand I don't highlight often. Let the gloss do that.

The base of the frog monster is a bit warped, but not so much it doesn't stand correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I'm curious what colors people plan on using for the Conqueror Worm. In the comics it's rampaging through a city and with Mignola's art it's just highlighted by yellow/orange light. I'm guessing it's generally brown, but that may be boring for a miniature. Maybe it should be more like a caterpillar.
https://images.app.goo.gl/4cyAqMGggx7aMuWN7 https://images.app.goo.gl/tfhDzwwk24t9Ky2z9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Army
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
new user
My Hellboy. Pretty happy with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
I like it

My frogs werw not moist enough so I adden gloss varnish. What so you all think?

Left and middle has gloss varnish and right does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
What are your guy's opinions on painting the bases? I see some paint it black, some gray and a few try to duplicate wood or the game tiles.
At first I figured all black was the best option. The board tiles have a lot of all black shadows so it kind of fits in. Something about the all black just seems to distract my eye though. My eyes seem to focus on it. My brain is telling me the characters are standing in Bugs Bunny a hole or something.

All I've painted so far are the frog swarms. I went with a dark gray base. It matches Citadel's Astrogranite textured paint, which I was thinking of using on some of the other minis. It seems easier on the eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Pfeifer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I thought about using colours and patterns from the tiles at first, which for the frog monsters could have been ok. There are five each, so I could have made a variant for each type of tile. But that would have clashed with the agents, they would have looked ok on the appropriate tile but out of place on all others. So I went with that brown hue for all minis (see couple of posts above) which matches most of the tiles at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Army
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
new user
I just paint them black myself. I ran into the problem where I want all the agents in those base clips, but I want the exact ones that come in the set (preferably in different colors). Reason being is that even after I've hot bent the bases and sanded them flat, they still have a tiny bit of wobble........I'm super OCD.....and the clips correct this. I hope they make them available for purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
Giant Frog Monster

I'm not totaly happy with the base color, but focus at painting the minis first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.